Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 07:44 AM

58 posts, read 171,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowOrNever View Post
Fight it! These state troopers are scum of the earth, and we are in the police state of new jersey. You can buy cheap surveilance cameras and put one by your speedometer and one on the dashboard or something. You can find that cheap. Do that, you won't even need an attorney next time and you will have proof. Thing is - don't ever tell em you have it. Good luck, I'll say a Prayer for you!
police state of nj..
hmmm police is nice and we need them but my thought is that they put more miles for punishment or because they know that the prosecutor will reduce the points so they want us to walk away with something...

Nice idea as per surveillance camera.I will do it..just I am so anxious what I will do now..
My question, why you don't tell them that you have it??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I have a good answer, since this is your second speeding ticket in 6 months SLOW DOWN. It's your fault.
I am going as a little old lady right now ..
Actually I do 130 miles every single day so it "logical" to speed up some times in nice clear weather and rt 80 or 287.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
My rule is 9 over on highways. However 80, and 96 are a huge difference. any chance you are driving in a car, like a BMW Where you can go 110 and not "feel" it?
no, it wasn't a BMW or Mercedes..
Just a mis size SUV Japanese car which if it gets 80+ will shake all.
I think that he said 96 in purpose. because it is 31 more than 65mph.
If it was 2 miles less I would have 1 point less. So he did his math before, not only for me but for everybody..

Old 12-04-2008, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
It's easy to go over the speed limit especially if everyone around you is also speeding. I myself go at least 5 over, some days more.

The attorney I use is in Burlington County, what county did you get the ticket in?

If I was you, I would take my car to a mechanic to have it tested to make sure your speedometer is right.

I think I'd fight this one. 96 is pretty fast, did you ask to see the radar machine?
I live in Sussex but this ticket was in Morris County.
Yes, why not ?
I will check the car's speedometer.
If it working properly, he lied, if it not then I will have proof that wasn't in purpose..I didn't know..

i didn't ask to see the radar machine ( laser ) but I was thinking after I left and I wanted to kill my self for not doing it..
I think though that probably they keep those receipts somewhere but will cost me more if I tell attorney to find it..
I really don't know if I should go after him(trooper) or just let it go and take whatever they will offer me..

Old 12-04-2008, 10:01 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,975,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena121 View Post
you are right but if you go slow you still can get a ticket and have everybody yelling at you.
And I was going with the flow..in a empty 287 with nice clear weather..
I admit I wasn't right but 96 is not true.
My ins. will kill me..
You said you were in the left lane, which generally implies going a bit faster than the "flow". Empty 287 implies not much flow, so you stick out as an easy target for a ticket. 287 also has some significant hills which can push your speed easliy above where it might normally "shake".

I hear a lot of excuses. But the fact is that you are getting stopped numerous times for speeding. Take responsibility and slow down.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:12 AM

23,859 posts, read 33,518,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena121 View Post
I live in Sussex but this ticket was in Morris County.
Yes, why not ?
I will check the car's speedometer.
If it working properly, he lied, if it not then I will have proof that wasn't in purpose..I didn't know..

i didn't ask to see the radar machine ( laser ) but I was thinking after I left and I wanted to kill my self for not doing it..
I think though that probably they keep those receipts somewhere but will cost me more if I tell attorney to find it..
I really don't know if I should go after him(trooper) or just let it go and take whatever they will offer me..
You said you weren't going that fast, get an attorney, don't be stupid.
I know they are expensive but some times you have to play the game.

I was just on 295, I tried to watch my speed and what others were doing. 70 was a good speed, everyone was pretty much keeping up with each other. There was one time I felt like I was going faster & looked down, a little over 80 and let me tell you, that was too fast. I can't imagine going over 90.

I'm serious when I say to take the car to a mechanic to check the speedometer out. Things like changing tire size used to affect the accuracy, and you never know if it really is wrong.

If you were in fact going that fast, please slow down. I know what it's like to get targeted by cops. Once they see you have a dirty record, some like to keep pounding you and pounding you hard just because your record shows you've done this before and didn't learn.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:34 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,854,770 times
96 is fast for many cars. hard not to notice in a honda crv i would bet.

Let me ask you

What is a cop going to do when you ask him to see the radar....??? I would suggest that this is a pretty ballsy thing to ask a cop on the side of the highway.. whats he going to do invite you into his car to see the screen?

Old 12-04-2008, 11:55 AM

563 posts, read 1,286,133 times
Prey that they won't take your license, since it is not your first offence and you apparently need the car everyday. Definitely get a lawyer, come up with a reason for going that fast, like a family emergency or something.
It will get expensive, but keeping your license should be priority.
good luck

Old 12-04-2008, 01:14 PM

990 posts, read 2,555,694 times
Just a question, Why would the Trooper lie?

Did you date him or his brother?

I just hope you realize, the police don't get commissions.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:47 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,666,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banger View Post
Just a question, Why would the Trooper lie?

Did you date him or his brother?

I just hope you realize, the police don't get commissions.
No, but some do get a kick out of being a-holes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey