Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 04:53 AM

394 posts, read 1,256,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
You seem to hold a little more hostility towards NJ then me. I dont mind going back to visit. All my family is still there cause they are too damn stubern and stupid to leave.
No hostility, really. I'm sorry if it came off that way. NJ was/is quite an education, though. I did become dead set on leaving once we began having children. I am very happy to have left. There wasn't anything there for me anymore. No family to speak of. All of my existing friends were mired in divorce proceedings and other things... and I was getting older. The time for me to leave was right.

NJ is a very tough nut to crack and I'm not made of money. The lifestyle was getting to me and it was time to leave. I guess I'll miss the Italian delis... and the kosher delis... and the best Caribbean food in the US. I won't miss having to plan each and every detail of my daily existence.

NJ took me from my 20s into my 40s. So it will always be a big part of me.

-Eric
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 08:21 AM

2,510 posts, read 3,975,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Your thought that not voting tells the politicos that you dont care. I see it as if you vote for the crumbs then you are telling them that you approve of what they are doing so they will continue to do it.
Your senario only applies if your not voting for an incumbant.....not for a first time candidate. If hes done a good job then he deserves your vote.....but....If your unhappy with the incumbant then your obligated to vote him out and send a message to the next guy that the incumbant didn't follow the will of the people and now hes got one term to prove he can !!! No vote sends no message other than voter apathy which is just what they want.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:16 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,950,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I didn't mean to imply you wanted others to make concessions. But I completely believe you're not alone, and it makes me think this OP ED guy was on to something....

Along these lines - there's a movement underfoot to break up the West Morris district, which is comprised of Mendham, Chester and Long Valley. Mendham and Chester want to form their own district, and have Long Valley form their own. Why? Mendham and Chester feel they are paying an unfair share b/c their property values are higher than those in LV. We're like the "Morris County Newark" in these town's eyes - big old moochers, LOL! These are 3 WEALTHY towns and look what's going on. And Chris Christie thinks he's going to be successful in consolidating? Good luck there pal.

I think if Mendham and Chester are successful, at some point in the future Mendham will want to break off b/c they don't want to carry those "Chester losers", LOL.
This is going on in RIver Edge/Oradell too.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
I understand the frustration. Please send us a postcard once you find the land of abundant jobs and reasonable taxes !!
Exactly...utopia doesn't exist. There will always be some good and some bad no matter where you go.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
ps: i dont have a cell phone or cable. and shop at aldi. love that store. my kids or myself do not wear designer clothes. our one little extra is internet. i cannot live without that.
Food basics is good too!

Old 12-17-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Exactly...utopia doesn't exist. There will always be some good and some bad no matter where you go.

Your right.....utopia doesn't exist yet........lets just give up trying to make life better. Things aren't so bad.....the heck with that cure for cancer. If everyone thought that way we would still be throwing our garbage out our front window into the street and trudging though snow in winter to get to the outhouse in the back yard !!!!

Old 12-17-2008, 12:19 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Your right.....utopia doesn't exist yet........lets just give up trying to make life better. Things aren't so bad.....the heck with that cure for cancer. If everyone thought that way we would still be throwing our garbage out our front window into the street and trudging though snow in winter to get to the outhouse in the back yard !!!!
can you help me find a job in florida?

Old 12-17-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
can you help me find a job in florida?
What are you "qualifed" to do ?

Old 12-17-2008, 12:30 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
What are you "qualifed" to do ?
i'm a certified computer nerd. can you help my husband and extended family too? oh, and can you find me buyers for our houses?

Old 12-17-2008, 12:37 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,490,829 times
Quote:
i'm a certified computer nerd. can you help my husband and extended family too? oh, and can you find me buyers for our houses?
Assuming he could, the question becomes, "tahiti, if you had to leave NJ, where would you be interested in locating to?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey