Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2008, 08:37 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
Jersey is overpriced and overrated. I moved out last year and couldnt be happier. People in NJ are unfriendly to say the least. You will see people treat you with respect and being friendly once you move out..trust me...

Watch out Todd....its truthful statements like that on this board that brings out the mobs with their torches and pitchforks seeking retribution against those who dared to speak the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 08:49 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,581,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
First point:.....If he didn't listen I would vote him out. If the next guy didn't follow the will of the people who voted him in I'd vote him out too. Eventually, once these politicians learned that their job really does depend upon serving the will of the people you'd see a change. But right now they are arrogant and see us sheep who might whine and complain some but willing to be lead anywhere they please.....you can be sure they laugh and snicker behind closed doors at just how dumb the public is and what they will put up with.

Second point: ....I don't know about you but I do know that my parents taught me it wasn't polite to use "SHUT UP" in any context.
To your First point: You think any person that has immediate financial problems is going to wait till either a politician(s) going to do their job right or going to await someone else that'll get elected that will? I don't think people are going to wait like that on a park bench while they can do something within their immediate power to do then like move if that's what they want.

To your Second Point: If you think that because you said this I'm not going to respond, that I'm going to hide? lol! You have definitely took those words way out of meaning and not context like you're trying to speculate and you're also over processing what people in this thread have said IMO and caused your own "controversial world". Maybe you haven't read enough negative NJ posts as I've been a member here in C-D longer than you so I've read a lot more of these types in NJ, so those words was not in any way personal as it wasn't pointing to a particular poster but relaying a point and I relaying it to the point as well as not beating around the bush as I know how and will continue to do no matter what one may or maynot think favorably.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:06 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
To your First point: You think any person that has immediate financial problems is going to wait till either a politician(s) going to do their job right or going to await someone else that'll get elected that will? I don't think people are going to wait like that on a park bench while they can do something within their immediate power to do then like move if that's what they want.

To your Second Point: If you think that because you said this I'm not going to respond, that I'm going to hide? lol! You have definitely took those words way out of meaning and not context like you're trying to speculate and you're also over processing what people in this thread have said IMO and caused your own "controversial world". Maybe you haven't read enough negative NJ posts as I've been a member here in C-D longer than you so I've read a lot more of these types in NJ, so those words was not in any way personal as it wasn't pointing to a particular poster but relaying a point and I relaying it to the point as well as not beating around the bush as I know how and will continue to do no matter what one may or maynot think favorably.
First point:......No one asked for an overnight solution......sorry....but thats the best I can do.
Second point: Its pretty hard to take "SHUT UP" out of context no matter how long you've been posting here. You would think that by posting on here longer than some you might have been able to accumulate a larger vocabulary to better articulate your point ?

Old 12-17-2008, 09:18 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
People are not unfriendly in NJ. They just keep it real. I found that so refreshing after living in one of the three other states I lived in. I won't attack anyone on that. I think it's what they want.

The only way the cost of living will be better in other places is if you can sell your home here and retire on your NJ pay. Otherwise, I think dollar for dollar, the cost of living is worse.
Yes, my car insurance was more in SC and WV than it is in NJ. OH - and you'll go through more gas in those other places. They're so BIG and everything is so far away!

I can think of an unmatched quality though - opportunity. I've found nothing by way of it even close in any of the other three states.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:10 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,581,432 times
Quote:
First point:......No one asked for an overnight solution......sorry....but thats the best I can do.
Second point: Its pretty hard to take "SHUT UP" out of context no matter how long you've been posting here. You would think that by posting on here longer than some you might have been able to accumulate a larger vocabulary to better articulate your point ?
The best you can do will not solve immediate and with some or more dire financial problems.

Because I'm a member of C-D longer doesn't give me any more "authority" than anyone else here. You may not agree with my choice of words (again you're overprocessing IMO) but me participating and reading more and many coming from the same whiners - there's a difference. If I was cursing which I wasn't, then I would be very very wrong. How does it feel now after you possibly alienated and offended some who love this state in this thread with your posted words to get two words you don't happen to like from mine? You want to nick-pick?, have fun as this will be my last post in this thread as I've grown tired of the "merry-go-round".

People here and my friends who know me know where I'm coming from in my posts.

Your first point doesn't help the ones in financial straits NOW and that's the point and why they're moving away.

This state is tough - but when one "spits" on a state they've lived in while on their way out actually offends the readers that love this state. Why not just say: "I'm moving away from NJ as I cannot afford it and or it's too expensive for me to live here" - end of story, no bashing needed and done with class. They can bash this state to their new neighbors or forum of where they relocate to if they wish.

You may not love NJ - that's fine if that's the case as you're entitled to your opinions as with anyone else, but don't push it to those that actually Love NJ.

I agree that there's a serious accountability problem with the NJ government and even many municipalities - but NJ's mess didn't happen overnight and will not disappear in the same and may never will.

If you feel like responding be my guest, but I kindly tell you that I won't respond back to it no matter what you may say.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:26 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
Jersey is overpriced and overrated. I moved out last year and couldnt be happier. People in NJ are unfriendly to say the least. You will see people treat you with respect and being friendly once you move out..trust me...
Overpriced-well yes housing is high among other things.

However unfriendly? That is not my experience at all. I was born and raised in NJ and now live in NH. There is absolutely NO comparison when it comes to friendliness-NONE. NJ people are by far 10000% friendlier than people in NH. I see it all the time. We are back in NJ several times a year and people everywhere at Flyers and Phillies games, at the mall, in Wawa, at the stores, whereever are much friendlier than people in NH. They call it "reserved" up here but I call it unfriendliness.

Also-regarding the respect. Whenever we are home in NJ-whereever we are-people hold doors for us, are friendly, etc. I wish I could say the same about NH but I cannot. If I hold a door-seldom do I receive a thanks up here or people look at me as to why I am holding a door for them. In NJ it is just the opposite.

I can also compare NJ to Florida as the past few years I have spent much time down there with ill parents. Again, the people in NJ are much friendlier and more respectful and polite than in Florida.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:27 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,408,012 times
Quote:

Oh for cryin' out loud shut up already...

Old 12-18-2008, 06:34 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,606,032 times
Ok... example: Make 50K yr salary in NJ and pay 5K yr property taxes... Now move south: 20K yr salary and 2K yr taxes. I don't doubt that this is the average. A rare few make as much down south as they do up north so it's all relative.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:36 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Ok... example: Make 50K yr salary in NJ and pay 5K yr property taxes... Now move south: 20K yr salary and 2K yr taxes. I don't doubt that this is the average. A rare few make as much down south as they do up north so it's all relative.

So true!!

Just think of it like this: If everyone smells then no one smells.... right??

Sorry, had to add that. We had a group one time come from Russia and when I walked into the conference room - PU!!!!!!
I came to that conclusion then... Sorry, WAY off topic

Old 12-18-2008, 06:39 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,606,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
So true!!

Just think of it like this: If everyone smells then no one smells.... right??

Sorry, had to add that. We had a group one time come from Russia and when I walked into the conference room - PU!!!!!!
I came to that conclusion then... Sorry, WAY off topic
So it's not the State that stinks, it's the people . If that's true.. who is Elizabeth and why does she smell so bad!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey