Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2008, 10:16 AM

32 posts, read 84,711 times

Advertisements

OK all, I have one more question for our trip this week. We're staying at our friends' place in Freehold and plan to explore some areas in Monmouth county for a potential move. We have a day with a realtor scheduled, and plan to see a few houses in Middletown, Freehold/Howell, and Manalapan to hopefully get a flavor of each place. Any recommendations of other things to see/do to get a sense of these places? Any specific neighborhoods to drive through (good or bad), downtowns to check out, anything else I'm not thinking of? Thanks again for your advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 10:36 AM

709 posts, read 1,494,546 times
Ah, my old stomping grounds...

Monmouth county is right on the border of where the southern-most reaches of the greater NY metro area fade away, the more south / west the more rural.

Freehold Borough (the downtown inlet) isn't as nice as Freehold Township (the surrounding area). Manalapan is the more prestigious of the towns you've mentioned, but of course nothing compared to the places along the shore.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:18 PM

208 posts, read 850,772 times
Just driving around with a realtor will help you get an idea of the areas. Howell, Freehold, and Manalapan are all the same to me (with the exception of Freehold Boro). You'll most definitely travel up and down Rt 9 so you can see all that each town has to offer. Middletown has easier access to the GSP, with some prestigious areas and others not so great. I was raised in Freehold so if you have any questions about the area, feel free to ask. If you have some spare time, I recommend Freehold Mall and the Cheesecake Factory. And if you like to gamble, Freehold has the racetrack of course. Good luck with your home search and let us know where you end up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey