Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 10:39 PM

1,422 posts, read 3,431,191 times

Advertisements

with all the nj haters out there how about all the jersey lovers comment on how much we love jersey.

1.beach
2.deleware water gap.
3.great hiking
3.ny city is close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 11:35 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,937,725 times
The people.
The perspective living & growing up in NJ gives you.
The cultural opportunities this state gives you.
The geographical variation in such a small proximity.
The rugged exterior & accepting interior it gives you.
And the pizza!!!!!!!!! Ha

Old 12-30-2008, 11:51 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,516,015 times
Lake Hopatcong
Spruce Run
Round Valley
Waywayanda Lake
Sandy Hook
Navisink River
Shrewsbury River
Delaware River.
Delicious Orchards
Freehold Raceway
Watchung Reservation
Raceway Park
High Point State Park
Hopatcong State Park
Grillos Italian Ice
The Whip in the old Asbury Park

Playing hookie from high school and going fishing

Old 12-31-2008, 12:24 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,937,725 times
^^^^^ Wow! Other than Sandy Hook, I have no idea what you are talking about. I guess that is also the beauty of NJ.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:15 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,723,246 times
I love where I currently live, in Cape May County. I'm only a block away from the bay, and I adore walking my dog on the beach every day. And, the sunsets are spectacular!

When I lived in North Jersey, I loved going to NYC as often as possible, as well as appreciating how different it was from where I grew up in the Cherry Hill/Voorhees area.

Also, growing up in that area, proximity to Philadelphia was key.

Whether in southern NJ or northern NJ, there is so much culture, great food, and multitudes of activities to enjoy.

Last edited by hollygolightly; 12-31-2008 at 01:20 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 12-31-2008, 06:13 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,287,437 times
By far the people are the number one reason I love NJ. They are simply the best. I miss the NJ wit, sense of humor etc. I miss people who are like me-who grew up the way I did, have similar interests, experiences, etc. Living in another state has really made me miss the people and want to move home again. People are very different up here.

I love the NJ culture and I love the different counties-the geography-NJ has it all-the ocean, the mountains, lakes, Pine Barrens, etc. NJ has such a great history-so many great people have come from NJ-inventors, authors, history makers- you name it. NJ had a great part in the Revolutionary War and in many other parts of history.

Of course the food too.

Another thing I really miss living up here is the running community in New Jersey-it is second to none. In NJ, I belonged to 2 running clubs and had my choice of races every weekend, great running series in the winter and summer-just a great running community. Not to mention being able to run on the boardwalk, the beach, the many parks. Despite the fact that NH is a more "rural" state, there are not that many great places to run up here and the running community is pretty much non-existent. You are lucky if you find one race a weekend.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:27 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,731,203 times
I love the people. I love how we keep it real. When someone says something to you, you don't have to think "what did they mean". It's all there in black and white.

When we lived in the south, the people were nicer, on the surface and that's about it. They'd be so sweet to your face and stab you the second you turned around.

The food is great too. We are at a loss whenever we travel.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:43 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,782,013 times
Desert, ya forgot Atco raceway..

I agree with all you listed too

like to add.
Wildwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Lake Hopatcong
Spruce Run
Round Valley
Waywayanda Lake
Sandy Hook
Navisink River
Shrewsbury River
Delaware River.
Delicious Orchards
Freehold Raceway
Watchung Reservation
Raceway Park
High Point State Park
Hopatcong State Park
Grillos Italian Ice
The Whip in the old Asbury Park

Playing hookie from high school and going fishing

Old 12-31-2008, 08:48 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,941,412 times
1. I think we take our weather for granted. In NJ, we get a nice variety of temps and weather and we get to see the seasons change...autumn leaves, winter snowmen, spring flowers, etc. etc. But, it's all pretty mild. Weather wise, in a way, we get to have our cake and eat it too. We have maybe 1 or 2 'bad' (and you know, what we consider 'bad' is laughable to a lot of other states) snowstorms a year, maybe 1 or 2 bad thunderstorms or a mild hurricane and that's it. Other states have entire bad seasons of bad weather, or they are prone to earthquakes, tornadoes, crippling floods and massive blizzards.

2. You don't have to go out of state to get an excellent, world-class college education. Princeton, Rutgers, Drew, Seton Hall, NJIT, UMDNJ just to name a few off the top of my head.

3. The history. New Jersey was one of the original 13 colonies. But even the Revolutionary War and George Washington aside, you can find ALL KINDS of stories and history around every corner.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:53 AM

5,815 posts, read 12,573,624 times
One of the reasons I love NJ is that I am a water nut. Be it the beach, Barnegat Bay, Manasquan Inlet. I also like the almost daily exersize on the boardwalks at Sea Girt, Spring Lake Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights and Belmar. We fish, boat and swim almost daily from Memorial Day to the end of September. I love the people also. Wherever I lived we made friends with many people that we still see and talk to. Throw in the Giants and the Yankees(sorry) and the Devils and the Blue Claws and you have all the sports that you need. A pizza parlor on every corner and bagels galore and where good to go. Go Jersey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey