Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 06:21 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbayforce View Post
I cant believe Im looking at a house for under 160k! Even in Alpha. Im in central Jersey and 160k wont even get you a foreclosure. It sucks. Prices are so ridiculous.
There's a bunch in that range out here! Phillipsburg too if you are brave enough .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 12:40 PM

762 posts, read 1,750,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinz420 View Post
I don't have any kids so the school district isn't so important to me but who knows - maybe one day that will change.
I have read that even if you don't have kids or don't plan on having any kids, a good school district is still something to consider. Why? Because usually communities with good schools also have "pride of ownership," better safety, and less crime and vandalism. Also a critical factor if you decide to sell.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:49 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
You can get a decent house for that price "NEAR" nite life and or attractions. Like this beauty in Alpha Boro...Easton is only 5 mins. away. Plenty to do in Easton.
I dunno- I doubt Easton was what the OP had in mind when she talked about nightlife and attractions. But then again, for $160k, you can't ask for much more, I guess......

Old 01-06-2009, 10:00 PM

393 posts, read 1,086,559 times
Shanny:
As I recall, Tuckerton , NJ
Underlying the LBI Bridge, passover.
South Jersey, specific.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:36 AM

16 posts, read 46,736 times
wow this is really informative!! There are a couple of towns that I will certainly check out. I bought my house in Southern Maine for 117K 6 years ago - cute 3BR cape with a farmer's porch and a full (and dry) basement and wood floors in every room but the kitchen. It needed work and that has been done (kitchen upgrade, new backdeck, roof ) with just a few jobs remaining. I think I can sell it for around 160K based on the comparables in my town. It will just take a really long time. It was such a steal, I felt really lucky and I truly hate to part with it. I can't imgaine living in a condo.
Anyway - thanks again for the info. I truly appreciate it.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:39 AM

16 posts, read 46,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CateP View Post
I moved from coastal Maine to the Jersey shore back in 1997. I miss Maine, but I couldn't live there again. Great place to vacation though (Vacation land). My town is one square mile, walkable to everything, historical, and right on the beach. Ocean Grove. Check it out.
You won't find a house for 160k in my county (Monmouth), but you sure could find a condo (apartment).

The most shocking change for me when I moved from Maine was how many people are packed into the state. The shore is pretty crowded in summer.

I love Ocean Grove. My friends and I call it Ocean GroovyI went to school at Monmouth for my freshmen year. It is really nice up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey