U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 07:38 PM

1,445 posts, read 3,258,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
The entire premise of this thread is entirely false & needs to be squashed. Paramus draws many, many, many people from outside of its immediate area. Why have the notion that it is somehow dangerous to shop in Bergen Co floating around?
This area brings in a ton of money & is a source of great revenue. NJ gets unjust press as it is, why let falsehoods linger?
this is all very true. i wish this thread had been locked months ago, but unfortunately someone just had to dig it up from the deep recesses of this site. threads that have run their course should remain buried.

it's important to keep in mind that the OP has a history of creating inane, pointless threads that do not encourage productive or useful discussions. yeah, he's a high school kid, but i still won't cut him much slack, especially when this site is supposed to be an informational resource for outsiders and potential newcomers rather than a gossip-filled free-for-all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 09:09 PM

1,057 posts, read 371,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
I will tell you why. The entire premise of this thread is entirely false & needs to be squashed. Paramus draws many, many, many people from outside of its immediate area. Why have the notion that it is somehow dangerous to shop in Bergen Co floating around?
This area brings in a ton of money & is a source of great revenue. NJ gets unjust press as it is, why let falsehoods linger?
So while I'm sure your views on the youth of Ocean Co are captivating & a must read, save it for somewhere else.
Ouch. Go buy yourself a six pack and crack a couple before heading to bed. You need a drink! And I'm sure you'll get to the liquor store just fine since Bergen County is so safe.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:18 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,961,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
Ouch. Go buy yourself a six pack and crack a couple before heading to bed. You need a drink! And I'm sure you'll get to the liquor store just fine since Bergen County is so safe.
Whatever..................... My point still remains.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:30 PM

471 posts, read 779,161 times
*stares*
*stares some more at the thread* Is the OP for real...?
*pokes it*
*laughs*
I was also thinking Garden State Parkway at the beginning.... Eesh..

Anyways, before we let this January thread sink, I'll just chime in that the GSP also attracts out-of-staters. (And, I don't mean NYers by any means. Floridians won't probably count either, because that's a transplant state. A lot of Fl cars in NJ) So, i'ts not just the tri-state area people who fill up the parking lots.

*quickly holds up the sign "Paramus Park eats GSP any day!" before disappearing*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey