U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 12:24 AM

317 posts, read 735,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Thanks for the link but I was hoping for some subjective opinions from people who know the area.

Anyone care to weigh in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 05:32 AM

7,577 posts, read 14,690,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citychik View Post
Thanks for the link but I was hoping for some subjective opinions from people who know the area.

Anyone care to weigh in?
I know the area well... grew up in neighboring Mt. Olive (Budd Lake). It's an "ok" town. It's no Hoboken or Montclair... no real night life other than hanging at the bar of one of the many chain restaurants over in the trade zone but it's a safe town...has a train station... small downtown... tons of Italian restaurants ... NJ's first Shoprite as well. The developments are comprised of older homes...ranches, cap cods... affordable homes - typically around 300K. Easy access to Rt. 80.... it's a good town.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:43 AM

4,662 posts, read 6,196,147 times
Quote:
I know the area well... grew up in neighboring Mt. Olive (Budd Lake). It's an "ok" town. It's no Hoboken or Montclair... no real night life other than hanging at the bar of one of the many chain restaurants over in the trade zone but it's a safe town...has a train station... small downtown... tons of Italian restaurants ... NJ's first Shoprite as well. The developments are comprised of older homes...ranches, cap cods... affordable homes - typically around 300K. Easy access to Rt. 80.... it's a good town.
Hey T, where are these tons of Italian restaurants? I only know Carmine's Pizza, Ron's Landmark and Bistro on Main in Netcong....am I missing something? You know I like to know all the good eats.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Hey T, where are these tons of Italian restaurants? I only know Carmine's Pizza, Ron's Landmark and Bistro on Main in Netcong....am I missing something? You know I like to know all the good eats.
Barones aka The Landmark in neighboring Stanhope... Brandas (sp) in Neighboring Mt. Olive (which is fantastic by the way).... Oh and not Italian but still pretty good - hit or miss - Bell's Mansion on 206.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:23 AM

4,662 posts, read 6,196,147 times
Quote:
Barones aka The Landmark in neighboring Stanhope... Brandas (sp) in Neighboring Mt. Olive (which is fantastic by the way).... Oh and not Italian but still pretty good - hit or miss - Bell's Mansion on 206.

Ah, I know all of those, thought you meant in Netcong. I'm not a big fan of Barone's. it used to be good but the last couple times I went there the service was so bad I never went back.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:04 PM

11,643 posts, read 20,878,139 times
Quote:
A friend was telling me Branda's was good, never been, it's not a place from the outside that you'd think would be good, KWIM?!?

Old 01-08-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
A friend was telling me Branda's was good, never been, it's not a place from the outside that you'd think would be good, KWIM?!?
It's actually excellent! And BYOB - gotta love that .

Old 01-08-2009, 02:05 PM

825 posts, read 1,935,994 times
i made a comment about this town in one of my threads "Italian-American Towns in New Jersey" i would like to know if the information i heard, which i stated in the last post, is true. go check it out.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105 View Post
i made a comment about this town in one of my threads "Italian-American Towns in New Jersey" i would like to know if the information i heard, which i stated in the last post, is true. go check it out.
It has strong Italian influences but it is more on the "suburban" side than urban side as you stated. Generation after generation of Italians seems to stay in Netcong. It's no Nutley but it is known to the locals as being predominantly comprised of Italian American.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:19 PM

825 posts, read 1,935,994 times
oh i see. that was a rele informative and helpful post. thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey