U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-07-2009, 03:11 PM

2 posts, read 13,599 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have looked at a house in Westwood, NJ to rent. We both work in Manhattan. He works on Fifth Ave in the 40's, and I work on the Upper East Side. I am looking at the different ways of commuting-driving, train, bus or ferry. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on the quickest way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 08:38 PM

120 posts, read 364,209 times
I definitely would not drive in because of traffic. There is a train station in the middle of town and A LOT of residents commute via train. I really do not know much about the bus and the ferry should not be too bad but I wouldn't be surprised if it took 40 minutes to get to it in the morning. From Westwood I would go by train...they also just drastically increased train service last year along the Pascack Valley Line (the one that goes through Westwood).

Old 01-15-2009, 09:01 AM

2 posts, read 13,599 times
Okay thanks!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 10,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cath09 View Post
My husband and I have looked at a house in Westwood, NJ to rent. We both work in Manhattan. He works on Fifth Ave in the 40's, and I work on the Upper East Side. I am looking at the different ways of commuting-driving, train, bus or ferry. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on the quickest way.
i don't commute on a work day, i'm just talking about on weekends when i go into the city. driving is a huge pain due to traffic. buses can be hit or miss, again depending on traffic at the bridge. the train is most effective, but can be pricy. the ferry is a pleasant ride, but also can be difficult to drive to at rush hour.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:27 PM

4 posts, read 10,703 times
Default Renting

Have you considered renting at an apt complex? I currently live at the Highlands at Westwood and many people that live here commute to the city. The bus stop is a 5 min walk and the train station is 2 miles down the road. Both take about an hour or less to get into the city. A 1 bedroom is about 1,700 and they are running specials, i think. Westwood is a great area..i've been here at the highlands for 5 years and have nothing to complain about. Maintenance is 24/7 so you never have to worry about issues that go wrong, he lives on property. (another great perk is washer/dryers in the unit!)

If you need more information, i'd be more than happy to help!

Old 03-23-2010, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 5,454 times
Hi ..i have shifted to The Highlands, Westwood and I need some info. I need to commute to NYC. Which is the best way? Can i travel alone? I dont have a car at this point of time. Please suggest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey