Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:25 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,000 times

Advertisements

Calico - I should've known that you'd start a thread like this!

I do want the Giants to win however the Eagles are playing quite well right now and something just tells me (and it's not out of fear either) that it'll be the Eagles on Sunday.

I am a Giant fan, but we'll see and I hope I'm wrong.

Life will go on no matter who loses as it's just a sport which doesn't put food on the table and a roof over ones head.

May the best team win!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 07:37 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergen View Post
plus, i'm generally a "glass half empty" kind of guy when it comes to my sports teams.

i'm the "glass half empty" type of gal to your guy. i never give my teams credit. it's almost a sickness.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:44 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Calico - I should've known that you'd start a thread like this!

Guilty as charged.

Honestly this game could go either way. I'm hoping that the bye week and the missing Plaxico will be the Giants downfall. A couple of She-Li interceptions wouldn't hurt either. Eagles are flying high right now coming off two big wins. Hopefully the momentum will get them through.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:30 PM

1,542 posts, read 6,041,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i'm the "glass half empty" type of gal to your guy. i never give my teams credit. it's almost a sickness.
i hear that. i think it must be contagious, too, judging by the effect i have on my friends who are also giants fans.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:26 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times
Hummm..snow storm this weekend - Giants and snow don't mix very well if memory serves correct. Didn't they slide into their own end zone one year ... either knocking them out of the playoffs or was it the superbowl??? Go JETS??? : (

Old 01-09-2009, 10:57 AM

sliding into their own end zone? no idea what you're referring to...

if such an event ever occurred, it definitely didn't happen at the super bowl. the super bowl is always played in a warm weather locale such as florida or southern california or inside a dome. plus, i vividly recall each of the giants' four super bowl appearances and there was no play that remotely resembles what you're describing, unless maybe you're referencing the safety of jeff hostetler in SB XXV (which the giants won when scott norwood missed that field goal).

the last time i remember the giants and eagles playing in the snow was the final game of the 2002 season, which the giants won 10-7 at the meadowlands. if i recall correctly, jeremy shockey caught the giants' only TD of the game over brian dawkins. and it wasn't blizzard-like conditions that day; far from it.

the only ugly game i can remember that involved the giants and snow was the season finale at home against san diego in december 1995. the giants were closing out a miserable 5-11 season and on their way to another loss when fans started throwing snowballs at the chargers' players and staff.

anyway -
as mentioned earlier in the thread, if there is inclement weather on sunday, that should benefit the giants tremendously. no one's dismissing the eagles by any stretch of the imagination, but they can't make any mistakes if they expect to knock off the giants at home, especially in poor weather.

Last edited by pbergen; 01-09-2009 at 11:09 AM..

Old 01-10-2009, 07:22 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
The more time goes by, in my rational mind, I am thinking the Giants win this, and it will be by more than 10 points. The Eagles margin of error revloves around McNabb's play. The magic number is two turnovers personally committed by McNabb, via fumble or int. If he hits two turnovers, I think the Giants win. With inclement weather predicted, I think he will hit that number. The inclement weather, like I said yesterday, will mask the Giants recent deficiencies on their defense.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:43 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,460,601 times
I think they are thinking of the cowboys on that thanksgiving a few years back

Anyway
Jacobs healthy
Tuck healthy

Eagles
Runyan,Westbrook and Klecko haven't practiced
in 3 days
snowy and windy
Giants 31-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergen View Post
sliding into their own end zone? no idea what you're referring to...

if such an event ever occurred, it definitely didn't happen at the super bowl. the super bowl is always played in a warm weather locale such as florida or southern california or inside a dome. plus, i vividly recall each of the giants' four super bowl appearances and there was no play that remotely resembles what you're describing, unless maybe you're referencing the safety of jeff hostetler in SB XXV (which the giants won when scott norwood missed that field goal).

the last time i remember the giants and eagles playing in the snow was the final game of the 2002 season, which the giants won 10-7 at the meadowlands. if i recall correctly, jeremy shockey caught the giants' only TD of the game over brian dawkins. and it wasn't blizzard-like conditions that day; far from it.

the only ugly game i can remember that involved the giants and snow was the season finale at home against san diego in december 1995. the giants were closing out a miserable 5-11 season and on their way to another loss when fans started throwing snowballs at the chargers' players and staff.

anyway -
as mentioned earlier in the thread, if there is inclement weather on sunday, that should benefit the giants tremendously. no one's dismissing the eagles by any stretch of the imagination, but they can't make any mistakes if they expect to knock off the giants at home, especially in poor weather.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I think they are thinking of the cowboys on that thanksgiving a few years back

Anyway
Jacobs healthy
Tuck healthy

Eagles
Runyan,Westbrook and Klecko haven't practiced
in 3 days
snowy and windy
Giants 31-14
you mean the leon lett play vs. the dolphins in which the cowboys had blocked a field goal, but lett inexplicably slid to try to pick up what would've been a dead ball, giving the dolphins another chance to win the game? ha, that was a really funny play. good stuff.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:07 PM

267 posts, read 950,449 times
GO GIANTS!! Sorry fellow South Jersey people, but I hope the Eagles get roughed up a little. I wouldn't mind a blowout, personally, so hopefully the bad Eagles come to play.

oh...I'm not originally a South Jersey guy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey