Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 04:54 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,715,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Who in the hell are those 46% that would re-elect Corzine and, more importantly, WHY?
Democratic strongholds of Hudson, Essex, Union, Camden, and half of Passaic County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 06:31 AM

14 posts, read 67,051 times
Go Chris.. we need real reform

Old 01-10-2009, 08:07 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Re consolidation. On the surface, it sounds like one good place to start but currently I don't have enough faith in the state to manage ANYTHING that is not in the interests of perpetuating the apparatus' status quo.

They just seem to resist it. And successfully, too

You've asked many good questions.

Now I have a few.

Why would one NOT vote for for Christy (assuming he's not a criminal, certified lunatic, refuses to talk to the press etc.). What do we have to lose, really?

Who in the hell are those 46% that would re-elect Corzine and, more importantly, WHY?

I agree 150% with this post and have got to wonder myself about the 46%. Why would the people of those counties be for him? What did he do for them??
Plain and simple, we can't afford 4 more years of Corzine.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:31 AM

11,336 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I agree 150% with this post and have got to wonder myself about the 46%. Why would the people of those counties be for him? What did he do for them??
Plain and simple, we can't afford 4 more years of Corzine.
Lets be real here. There are those on both sides that will vote party line no matter what.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:31 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,715,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Lets be real here. There are those on both sides that will vote party line no matter what.
Exactly. And those that vote for a candidate because they're a certain political party need to be sent for a mental health exam.

Always look at the agenda of each candidate, subtract 99% of what he/she has to say as empty pandering crap, and there's your total.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:40 AM

11,336 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
Exactly. And those that vote for a candidate because they're a certain political party need to be sent for a mental health exam.

Always look at the agenda of each candidate, subtract 99% of what he/she has to say as empty pandering crap, and there's your total.
And as far as Christie is concerned. Anyone who has 130 convictions against both parties is fine with me.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post

Good point. I don't think of these things because in any elections I vote person, not party.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:40 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I agree 150% with this post and have got to wonder myself about the 46%. Why would the people of those counties be for him? What did he do for them??Plain and simple, we can't afford 4 more years of Corzine.
Doesn't everyone complain that Corzine caters to the urban cities and they are the beneficiaries of his policies (whatever they are)? If so, do you blame those residents for voting for him? Don't people vote for THEIR best interests?

Old 01-10-2009, 06:20 PM

You're right, Tahiti, they do. I would just really LOVE to know what he's done for them to gain such loyalty. Loyalty for what reasons othere than he's a dem.
Do people not see that it's really logical to take a look at what someone has done before pledging support?

Old 01-10-2009, 06:33 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,620,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Doesn't everyone complain that Corzine caters to the urban cities and they are the beneficiaries of his policies (whatever they are)? If so, do you blame those residents for voting for him? Don't people vote for THEIR best interests?
Well one is the 3 billion that went on top of the prior 8.8 billion that he just applied to school construction without any vote from the public.That money goes into the cities. WE pay for our schools with our property taxes in the burbs.I know stop whining we are all rich. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey