Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2007, 12:19 PM

2 posts, read 8,308 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for an area where I can access the GSP very quickly as my boyfriend will need to make trips to Manchester and back (south of Toms River) very frequently, and I will need to commute daily to NYC. We've looked at some of Tinton Falls, but I would like to know what other options I have. I am not very familiar with NJ. An area near the water would be an extreme plus. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 03:48 PM

6 posts, read 27,631 times
The area isn't cheap but Clark/Cranford are right near the Parkway and Cranford is on a rail line you can take into the city, though you'll have to change trains in Newark.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:36 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
If you're traveling to NYC, you don't want to be in Tinton Falls- that's an easy 1.5 hour commute. Woodbridge is at the intersection of the Parkway, Turnpike, 287, 1 and 9, and has several train stops as well. You can be in NYC in around 40 minutes by train, and the trip to Manchester is 50 miles (less than an hour) down the GSP. My mother is in Berkeley at exit 82, so I know the drive too well.

Bob

Old 03-07-2007, 04:59 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,309,136 times
Yeah I think Woodbridge or any of the other towns along the North Jersey Coast Line, depending on how long each of you guys want your commute to be. Check the travel time by train on www.njtransit.com to New York Penn Station and the drive time on maps.google to Manchester from each town along the line that you want to consider. If you want a "suburban" experience, Woodbridge, Aberdeen/Matawan, and some others are good choices. Places like the Amboys and Red Bank are more urban in character if you prefer that. All of them have train stations and are near the Parkway.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:52 PM

2 posts, read 8,308 times
Thanks for your input! We did some investigating this weekend and drove through some towns. Found an area that seems to be considered different to everyone...it's Shrewsbury on the map, but has been listed as Tinton Falls, and Redbank. zip 07701. Seems to be a quick drive to Little Silver train as well as Redbank. Anyone know about the area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey