Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 08:46 AM

252 posts, read 768,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post

My personal opinion is that you have to stand up for the issues you are passionate about. If this speeding ticket is getting to you to the point that you feel emotional distress then to hell with whatever everyone else is saying here on the forum. Go down there and state your case and fight for what you think is right. Hire a lawyer, find everyone you can who has also gotten a speeding ticket in the complex, sell your car, take out a loan, take them to court and have a judge rule on their jurisdiction, sue them for the time and effort in fighting them on a stupid issue. Bring it to the grand jury if you have to.
Have you ever considered that such "scorched earth" behavior makes the world a lesser place for everyone else?

My advice to the OP: i believe that you've lost all perspective on this fairly minor issue. Ask a wise adult -- or a competent psychologist -- for a few minutes time to discuss the issue. A lawsuit is the last thing you should be considering.

Emotional distress for a speeding ticket? I shake my head...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 08:49 AM

652 posts, read 1,781,890 times
Monak hits on a salient point I think, but not the one made in the post, First anything the Assoc "did" after a filing would be used as further proof of the original claim. Second the allusion to things that they might do which are troublesome and not illegal, things one does based on personal knowledge of the intended victim, petty, bothersome stuff. It is the prolonged exposure to this sort of assault I think the OP is complaining about. Most of the time you blow it off, etcetera but repeatedly over time it will wear you down and affect the quality of your life.

Should she sue? Heck I don't know, I've been guilty of getting way to angry over something. I say see a counselor if it bother's you that much and try to determine rationally if you are just way too wound up because of your personal emotional investment in the interaction you are having with the Assoc. or if it is really something that has become intrusive in your life even tho you tried to let it go.

As a victim of medical malpractice which has destroyed my life, malpractice I was unable to sue over because of the phony excuse of "frivolous" lawsuits and my 110% effort to try to get better being used to label me as a phony.
I dare any one of you not involved in law to name 5 lawsuits you know of. They don't exist to the extent that it is a problem! It is PR run by insurance companies, medical providers, and the wealthy who invest in those companies as well as the deliberate over reporting of the few and far between large settlments, done to create this image of victims as victimizer, and to pre prime the jury pool to the idea of greed being the motivator for the suit rather than justice. In our system of a greed driven economy, I find that particular argument both hilarious and insutling. Monetary damages is THE only legal recourse we have to get justice for damage done that isn't the result of a crime in our society.
Get over that!

Yes I'm angry today.

Last edited by nutleynut; 02-19-2009 at 09:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey