U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-18-2009, 06:37 PM

11 posts, read 27,865 times

Advertisements

I had read on one of the threads (can't seem to locate it) that if you move near whitesville rd in toms river (north dover location), move on the south part of it. I'm not sure what that meant. I saw some nice homes (and they were less expensive... not sure why) on the other side. I was told it was still considered north dover (a real estate told me it is a nice section....not sure about this)..the children go to the citta elementary school...not the north dover elementary. Whoever wrote this...please...let me know why you said that. Is the other side of whitesville rd (and the houses we saw were not too far down whitesville rd....they were pretty close to route 70) an okay area to live....or is there something I should know about. I appreciate anyone out there who can give me some imput into this particular area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 03:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,531 times
I moved to TR in 2005 from Clifton NJ. I haven't heard anything about the differences between N and S on Whitesville Rd. I am actually on the furhtermost northern part of Whitesville Rd while still being in TR. So far, I haven't any real complaints about the move, except for the fact that there are many commercial vehicles travelling thru Whitesville Rd and they can be quite loud when approaching the Jackson/TR border.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:26 PM

595 posts, read 1,153,666 times
I've been in TR since 1981- I have no idea why someone would say that- the houses are very nice on both sides of rt 70- is there a specific development you were looking at? For Citta- you were maybe looking at Weatherly or ........can't think of the name right now....the lots are small in those developments but they are def nice family areas.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:05 PM

The development is called the Grand Woodlands....not too far down whitesville. Just curious if the citta elementary school is okay. My son is in 1st grade now. I also get real nervous about all the things I read on the internet about the cancer clusters in toms river. Have you heard anything lately about this happening. Is it in a particular sections of toms river...or in this section,,,north dover? My husband keeps telling me that happened 10 years ago. I'm just nervous about the water..drinking it...showering with it...cooking with it. Just wondering, since you live there has there been any problem now that you know of? I like toms river, because my husband's parents will be living close by, we like the ocean, and the taxes on homes are quite low compared to where I live now...scotch plains, edison area.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:31 PM

595 posts, read 1,153,666 times
Grand Woodlands is very nice- it does open up into that other development i was trying to think of- It's called Liberty village which is right at the entrance to Citta off Cox Cro road. My kids went to Hooper Ave and TR east schools- but they are all very good (as far as I know). I agree with your husband about that cancer thing- I don't remember if anything was ever definitively proven or not- the area was around the Ciba Geigy(sp) chemical plant which has been closed for years now (and cleaned up- (I think/hope) . that is near the winding river park and skating rink which is between rts 571 and 37. I just can't worry about the water- of course this is from someone who has worked at the Oyster Creek nuclear power plant for 25 years. I'm happy to try to answer any questions you may have.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:21 AM

Default toms river move

Thanks so much for your input. I really appreciate it. It's difficult to make a move to another town when you don't really know too much about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey