Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 09:46 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,359,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
That's terrible! You need to talk mom into moving to NJ with you - sounds like you may have a suspect in mind???? So sorry EBs!
She hates the cold . That's part of why we moved here to FL, from Michigan.

It's a possibility - I can't point fingers, out loud, though. It's a gang that moved in a few months ago. Known for breaking in and stealing a lot of stuff in the neighborhood lately...vandalizing everything. It's terrible. My neighbor (the one that had her side burn badly) said she couldn't find her laptop, and the fire investigator is investigating a broken window, amongst other things.

Thanks, though. Most important thing was that everyone (and animals) came out safe and sound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 10:21 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,929,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
January 4th. No one was home. I was actually walking home from the laundrymat with my mom, saw smoke, said "It's awfully foggy tonight" (it was cool outside), then said "I think someone's house is on fire." then the "OH ----!!" hit me, and I said "I think that's our house!", dropped everything in the street and ran. The fire engines were just pulling in at the end of the block. Lived in a duplex...neighbors side is a complete wreck (it even melted her ceiling fan!)...my side has severe smoke/water damage. It's being investigated as an arson now. I wouldn't be surprised if I knew who did the arson, if that's what it was...

Everyone is okay, thank you.
Damn that sucks!!! I'm so glad to hear nobody was hurt.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:46 AM

1,369 posts, read 4,637,401 times
Glad you're safe E

Shanny

Old 01-22-2009, 04:41 PM
EB2

Thanks Calico and Shanny

Old 01-23-2009, 04:26 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,758,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
She hates the cold . That's part of why we moved here to FL, from Michigan.

It's a possibility - I can't point fingers, out loud, though. It's a gang that moved in a few months ago. Known for breaking in and stealing a lot of stuff in the neighborhood lately...vandalizing everything. It's terrible. My neighbor (the one that had her side burn badly) said she couldn't find her laptop, and the fire investigator is investigating a broken window, amongst other things.

Thanks, though. Most important thing was that everyone (and animals) came out safe and sound.
So happy everyone is safe, animals too! That's a terrible thing....

Old 01-23-2009, 10:02 AM
EB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
So happy everyone is safe, animals too! That's a terrible thing....
Thank you.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:01 PM

393 posts, read 1,086,134 times
wileynj

The "true scotsman" pix now, my screensaver!!

It reminds me of when my FIL stayed w/ us for way too many weeks, (his boxers only,boys rule in the a.m.) The no franks and beans before my coffee rule, is now a penalty violation in my home!

Uh, you're taxi's on it's way Pop......!!

Sligo

Old 01-24-2009, 05:19 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,758,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sligogirl View Post
wileynj

It reminds me of when my FIL stayed w/ us for way too many weeks, (his boxers only,boys rule in the a.m.) The no franks and beans before my coffee rule, is now a penalty violation in my home!

Sligo
Too much. I remember when my SIL and BIL were here to stay for a while and EVERYONE was driving me nuts....

You don't know how grateful I was when my BIL knocked over a plant stand and the plant went crashing to the floor into a million pieces with dirt flying everywhere. It gave me a project that took much time so I didn't have to be with them. DH had to entertain them for a while and I took my sweet time cleaning the mess!

Old 01-24-2009, 05:23 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,598,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sligogirl View Post
wileynj

Sligo
We have a similiar rule but we call it the "no meat and veg" rule

Old 01-24-2009, 10:36 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,618,516 times
To be honest I was trying to put a mental picture of this and all I can think of is pics of Prince Charles in a kilt and now I feel ill lol..........he is one bad lookin dude.....if he wants to wear it let him, he will freeze thats for sure!! Soon it will be St Pattys day just tell people he was at a rehearsel. tee hee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey