U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 02:09 PM

6,523 posts, read 9,840,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
probably known more for pizza, but awesome subs (NOT HOAGIES, LOL - all my IL's say that) can easily be found here. I have a great place near my house (Sub Shak - Hackettstown), but so far I have to say Gaetano's in Willingboro kicks some major a**.
Mmmmm, the Sub Shack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 02:10 PM

1,185 posts, read 3,416,079 times
I agree that NJ is more known for pizza than subs.

That said, back in the day, Tastee Subs in Edison was da bomb when it came to getting lunch before hitting the Shore. I can remember getting a #5 with everything (lettuce, tomatoes, onions, salt, pepper, oregano) on it and a 40 oz. of Coke before getting onto the GSP. We'd usually get stuck in traffic along the way and start munching on the subs.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:41 PM

7,780 posts, read 17,840,483 times
shanny, you *have* to take a ride to Trenton and have pizza at Deloranzos. You will never look at Johnnys again, girl..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
Well, down here, we call 'em Hoagies (not Subs). When I lived in Massachucetts, we called 'em Grinders.

I would have to say Pizza to your original question.

Some of the best pizza I have EVER eaten is at this place called, Johnny's on King's Hwy, here in Cherry Hill.

Shanny

Old 01-24-2009, 07:55 PM

North Jersey is not NJ in my opinion. Its more like a mixture of New York and pa(Poconos)..

see how stupid that sounds? (and untrue)??

Quote:
Originally Posted by precator View Post
South Jersey is not Jersey in my opinion. More like a mixture of PA and Delaware.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:58 PM

we have grinders down here too. They are baked hoagies or steak sandwiches and are deff not the same as a hoagie..

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Shanny!! that is too funny about "grinders". Where in MA did you live? We lived on the Cape and in Plymouth for 6 years .It was funny when we were ordering subs one day and they said, who wants a grinder?! I laughed my assz off lol....

Old 01-24-2009, 08:00 PM

we have a Pats around the corner from out new house and never been there. Good? Looks like a nice place.. Been to Gaetanos and they are good

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Try "Pats" for pizza and "Gaetanos" for hoagies !!!

Old 01-24-2009, 08:02 PM

12,284 posts, read 31,017,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Mmmmm, the Sub Shack.
I always sing the B52's when I mention Sub Shak, LOL

Old 01-24-2009, 08:28 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,146,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
shanny, you *have* to take a ride to Trenton and have pizza at Deloranzos. You will never look at Johnnys again, girl..
Hey Frank,
Great suggestion!
Hub and I just drive around on Sundays so I will go to DeLorenzos...Thank you for the tip.

Shanny

Old 01-24-2009, 08:30 PM

315 posts, read 952,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNYYfan View Post
I agree that NJ is more known for pizza than subs.

That said, back in the day, Tastee Subs in Edison was da bomb when it came to getting lunch before hitting the Shore. I can remember getting a #5 with everything (lettuce, tomatoes, onions, salt, pepper, oregano) on it and a 40 oz. of Coke before getting onto the GSP. We'd usually get stuck in traffic along the way and start munching on the subs.
i've lived in four different states and tastee subs in edison are the BEST!!!!! there is a place on route 22 in greenbrook that comes in close. the guys who own it are former tastee employees and they use the same suppliers. although not quite as fun as getting a sub from tastee and then cruising to check out the edison high guys (the other edison high school)

Old 01-24-2009, 08:32 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,146,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Mmmmm, the Sub Shack.
Why on EARTH do you want AZ to win the SB? Crazy gal! (I am reading your staus)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey