U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 01:39 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,009,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Look....I can't speak for ALL Canadians.......I'm sure there are exceptions for every rule or example.....however......Canada is not "neat" by accident.....nor is it neat because they store their trash up and deposit it over the border in the States on the weekends. The only excuse I can think of is that with so much trash littering our highways and streets they might be mistaken and think its legal to litter down here ?
It sounds like some respect land/ nature in Canada but not while visiting here. IF the same people who litter here keep their area clean, I call that hypocritical. It's wrong to litter anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 02:14 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,108,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandcookies View Post
It sounds like some respect land/ nature in Canada but not while visiting here. IF the same people who litter here keep their area clean, I call that hypocritical. It's wrong to litter anywhere.
I agree....Again....I can't speak for ALL Canadians........but even if theres a small percentage that litter there or here thats wrong.....I think the lesson to be learned here is that apparently the percentage of Canadians that litter anywhere is very small as evidenced by their clean highways and city streets.....and this should be a lesson to us that if we follow their lead we can have have the same clean highways and city streets.....we need to disregard those on here that feel putting an end to littering is an impossible task....or that certain types of litter is acceptable ? Rather than being small minded and pointing out the couple of 1 % of Canadians that litter we need to be impressed by the 99 % that find it so objectionable that they take that apple core or Happy Meal and save it for a trash can rather than tossing it out the care window. Are we as Americans so lazy we've given up on the concept of being responsible for cleaning up after ourselves.......we'd rather look at trash stewn highways ? This is a simple rule we all learn in elementary school ? What happened along the way ? I don't think thats a lot to expect but when only 50% of us can find the time or energy to vote every 4 years maybe we have become that lazy ???

Old 02-02-2009, 09:00 PM

7,068 posts, read 10,821,088 times
Quote:
You understand what your doing is illegal ?
Hmmm. Isn't that swell?

Old 02-03-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Hmmm. Isn't that swell?
With attitudes like that theres little wonder why our roadsides are littered with trash. You may think your response sounds "funny" or "sarcastic" but all it demonstrates is ignorance.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:05 AM

5,439 posts, read 14,327,150 times
FlyersFan why don't you do something about the problem. Start picking up garbage on the street as you see it. People will be inspired and might do the same.

This is what we do.. we go walking and once a week carry a garbage bag with us and pick up every piece of junk that doesn't belong there. People must think we are NUTS and stop to ask what is going on?

Old 02-03-2009, 03:40 PM

7,068 posts, read 10,821,088 times
Quote:
With attitudes like that theres little wonder why our roadsides are littered with trash. You may think your response sounds "funny" or "sarcastic" but all it demonstrates is ignorance.
Ignorance is based in posts that bash others when you have no idea of what I meant (sarcasm, shock, enlightenment, worried surprise, etc.) in my previous post. With that said, I will not acknoweldge anything futher from you. Good day.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Ignorance is based in posts that bash others when you have no idea of what I meant (sarcasm, shock, enlightenment, worried surprise, etc.) in my previous post. With that said, I will not acknoweldge anything futher from you. Good day.
Perhaps next time you post it would be worth while to make your tone and message clear rather than vague or misleading ?

Old 02-03-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
FlyersFan why don't you do something about the problem. Start picking up garbage on the street as you see it. People will be inspired and might do the same.

This is what we do.. we go walking and once a week carry a garbage bag with us and pick up every piece of junk that doesn't belong there. People must think we are NUTS and stop to ask what is going on?

Instead of recruiting hords of volunteers to pick up others discarded trash maybe the best course of action might be to just not throw it out the window to begin with ? Why because of someones ignorance should we be forced to walk roadsides picking up trash while they continue to drive merrily down the road tossing more trash out the window ? Its a noble thought but doesn't eliminate the problem ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey