Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 03:11 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,935,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyntmac View Post
His first ex-wife (a Canadian) supposedly said in an interview over the phone that they "had an understanding"(he and the first ex). This was in regard to their breakup years earlier.
his first wife became a canadian because she moved to british columbia to get as far away from him as possible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 03:12 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,935,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
Real funny. we all knew he was gay years ago!!! My friend told me they say him at the beach with his gay lover. The police may have known because because his security people must have known and word got out that way?
just about everyone in woodbridge knew he was gay, he didn't hide it too well

Old 05-09-2008, 04:05 PM

16,847 posts, read 10,476,616 times
News Flash: most people who knew McGreever, who worked for him, who worked in law enforcement, and most of the gay community knew he was gay before he "came out." His wife knew he was gay, she is not the innocent victim that she has been playing. I don't see why either of them deserve sole custody of that kid.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:07 PM

16,847 posts, read 10,476,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daschultzy View Post
Dont Kid Yourself It Doesnt Work That Way. Possession Is 9 10th's The Law Whomever Has Her And Fights For Custody (depending Onpull He Has) He Can Get The Custody Of The Child.
Um... no, no and no.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:05 PM

323 posts, read 2,084,109 times
He's not even worth mentioning.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:37 AM

432 posts, read 1,873,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
News Flash: most people who knew McGreever, who worked for him, who worked in law enforcement, and most of the gay community knew he was gay before he "came out." His wife knew he was gay, she is not the innocent victim that she has been playing. I don't see why either of them deserve sole custody of that kid.
It doesn't matter what she knew. It matters what he knew.

I married a gay guy. "Everyone" knew. No one told me. I didn't know. It's possible.

As for Mrs McG, I have met her through mutual friends. No matter what she knew or when, it is clear to me that she didn't know when she married him. It is also clear that she is fully capable of full custody if it were necessary. My impression of her from meeting her at dinner with these friends is that her kid comes first, no matter what.

At any rate, I was happy to see her smiling on the tv news - I doubt she would smile if the arrangement were detrimental to the child. And he was being his usual oily self, grandstanding, thanking everyone like it was the academy awards and he was some kind of award winner.

How the episcopal church can even consider ordaining him to the priesthood is beyond me. They have plenty of gay priests, good ones - but I have never met an episcopal priest who got away with the kind of public trashing he is putting his wife through. With what he has done to his family, punishing his wife for not sticking with his lies, what do you suppose he would do to a congregation - which may include women like me, ex husbands like mine, children like mine?

Joint physical custody which is centered around how much "time" the parent is allowed to possess is a red flag for disaster and abuse. My family survived that. Joint legal custody with liberal or flexible visitation, where the child is definitely in the residential custody of the parent who has consistently provided the care is a much better alternative.

His bid for sole custody was a self centered attention grabber intended to humiliate and intimidate his wife. It is an insult to the men I know who do have sole custody of their children, who realize what that means. (and some of them are gay)

Old 05-10-2008, 12:58 PM

5,617 posts, read 15,469,244 times
I actually like Dina, she quiet, soft spoken and I don't hear her bash him too much. If that was me believe me I would have bashed the crap out of him verbally and probably would have damage the kid. I could help it Iwould be so mad. He really says alot of mean crap about her to all. She kinda sweet, I think she doing the best she can.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:15 PM

438 posts, read 962,197 times
anyone who followed politics here would have heard about Jim breaking his foot when he was on vacation with his lover. they flew his wife and kid in to make it look like a famiy getaway.
give him custody, the kid will be better off.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:40 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,909,432 times
Gotta love it when he was on his fling with Cipel on a Cape May Beach and the jerk broke his leg and the state police had to race Dina down there.

is that true?

Old 05-14-2008, 06:11 PM

432 posts, read 1,873,438 times
She said it wasn't true about the broken leg thing.

Did anyone see him on tv today? I fail to understand how he gets away with paying no child support for his older daughter - and now says he is just a poor public servant going into ministry who doesn't care about money.

I wondered if the whole state would be shut down today from too many people doubling over with painful laughter at the idea that Jim McGreedy doesn't care about money.

I have a young friend whose good for nothing high school dropout ex gets paid under the table and then whines that he doesn't have a job so he cannot support their daughter who has special needs. So the judge ordered the ex to show up at the unemployment office every day for the next two months during certain hours. This means he can't "work" under the table, and he has to actually look for real work, because he has an obligation to support the child. No matter what.

But our Jimmy thinks it is just fine to say he doesn't need his law degree, he's going to take a non paying job doing prison ministry so he can't support his child. Gosh judge, he just has nooo money.

I know women who have entered the same seminary - AFTER they raised their children. And I know men who are Episcopal priests but work another job because they have a family to support. My best friend is a female priest, and she does social work for the same reason, while substituting on Sundays. Unless you get a parish with a budget and a house, you can't support a family with that. So many people become priests without neglecting their family obligations.

But our Jimmy, he's different, you see. He's special.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey