U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 05:59 AM

5,079 posts, read 7,246,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
thanks all and I mean it. Lets put it this way, she found out yesterday and it was not a good day!! Things look bad and bleak.
Oh no. You need to keep your spirits up as much as humanly possible in this situation.

Feel free to DM me if you need to vent further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 06:41 AM

127 posts, read 479,855 times
I am so sorry, Marilyn..... Try to spend as much time as possible with your mom....
My thoughts and prayers are with you...

Old 02-05-2009, 08:13 AM

516 posts, read 1,706,707 times
So sorry to hear.... as you can see there are many thoughts and prayers going out to you and your family. Mine, too.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:52 AM

2,312 posts, read 6,519,060 times
I'm sorry. Know you're not alone.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:28 PM

393 posts, read 954,013 times
My prayers are with you and family..

Do not blame the Lord for your ill-fate, because the Lord's ill fate is what has given us all, our lives!
Be thankful for each and every day you have together, and ALWAYS, say, "I Love You", to those you care the most about.

Hope, outweighs all doubt
Sligo

Old 02-05-2009, 08:37 PM

315 posts, read 950,617 times
marilyn,
i wish there was a magic wand i could wave to take away the fear and pain. not knowing what is going to happen is so scary. in a way you have been given a small gift in that you will have time to say everything you want to your mom. tell her how much you love her, share memories, stories and make the time you have left really special.
i don't believe that any doctor can really say how long someone has. there are always those that break the "rules" and beat the odds. try to keep positive thoughts. let your mom know she can talk about it with you, or not.
i will keep you, and your mom and dad in my prayers. i am not religious but i've seen firsthand just how powerful prayers can be. and there are many here who know and care about you.
if you need to talk, dm and i'll be glad to.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:42 AM

5,617 posts, read 13,391,551 times
it is truely amazing how the mind can just block it all out. I am going thru my day like a robot in a routine. So far she is not keeping food down so they have to see if their is cancer in the stomach or its what they originally thought the gall bladder and stones. Now when they went to take the gall bladder, thats when they found the cancer, thus not taking the gall bladder out. This makes no sense to me, I mean your in there, she is having the operation why put it back?? They dont have pathology back yet, and they are doing a cat scan to see whats up with the stomach. I am going tommorrow to the hospital . I have called on the phone and spoke with her, but she does not feel like talking and she thinks she is going to die. The one good news is she is not in pain.

Thanks all and I will in the next few days keep the updates going.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:01 AM

1,408 posts, read 2,921,439 times
i so know what your going through. i went through it with my mom. for 2 years she suffered. they could not find what was wrong with her. she was just so tired all the time. she was forgetting things. she could hardly work. her main dr told her she was depressed. she could have sworn she had lyme's.so test after test they found nothing. they were looking in the wrong place. she had brain tumors. by the time they found it it was in stage 4. the last 6 months of her life were terrible. she was home but she just could'nt function. the last few days she was in and out of it. saying weird things. i knew it was close but do you know the night before she died. plain as day she said"i love you debbie". and that night she was gone. she was my best friend . its been 2 years and i still feel lost and empty without her. my mom was the best mom in the world. keep praying even though i prayed so hard and so much i just knew it was not meant to be and i accepted it. good luck and i will pray for you

Old 02-06-2009, 05:48 AM

5,617 posts, read 13,391,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
i so know what your going through. i went through it with my mom. for 2 years she suffered. they could not find what was wrong with her. she was just so tired all the time. she was forgetting things. she could hardly work. her main dr told her she was depressed. she could have sworn she had lyme's.so test after test they found nothing. they were looking in the wrong place. she had brain tumors. by the time they found it it was in stage 4. the last 6 months of her life were terrible. she was home but she just could'nt function. the last few days she was in and out of it. saying weird things. i knew it was close but do you know the night before she died. plain as day she said"i love you debbie". and that night she was gone. she was my best friend . its been 2 years and i still feel lost and empty without her. my mom was the best mom in the world. keep praying even though i prayed so hard and so much i just knew it was not meant to be and i accepted it. good luck and i will pray for you
you just knocked me out of my robot state with that story. Now Im in crying state. Ohh what a terrible ordeal. However, she did say she loved you at the end, I think that would make me breakdown everytime I think of that. Now lets look at the positive side, she is in heaven which I do believe and somehow her presence is there. Thanks deb for sharing that. These stories are comforting in a way to me. I think the hardest part is when I get out of robot stage and deal with it. Because I never lost anyone close I think that like after two weeks of death, knowing I cant talk, call, see or visit it will hit.
Right now I am ok. Thanks I am going to need help dealing with it after she passes. OR to say anyone close to me who passes.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:15 AM

510 posts, read 1,548,127 times
My Dad died years ago and it does get easier with time. I truely believe he is around when I need him. My advise is to enjoy what time you have left and don't hold back on your feelings. Tell your Mom how much you love her every day. I was shy with my Dad and did not say what I really felt and regret that I didn't tell him how much he ment to me out loud. I know he knew it but I really regret holding back on my feelings. Keep a positive attitude, miracles do happen. Doctors always predict the worst so that when a miracle does happen they look like the best doctor in the world!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or