U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 09:02 AM

2,510 posts, read 3,113,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1975 View Post
You don't seem to understand that we are trying to come up with a reasonable explanation to why this person was taking pictures of her home and to qualm her concerns about this 'suspicious behavior'.

That obvious thing we were trying to answer. Stick to turkey shoot posts.
Calm her concerns ? The fact of the matter is that her concerns shouldn't be calmed or dismissed. While its possible that there is a harmless explanation theres also a very real possibility that theres reason for concern. Many of the "explanations" posted on here citing possible harmless senarios for picture taking are "reasonable" and within the realm of possibility but all the other explanations regarding crime in some fashion are just as "reasonable" and may in fact be more realistic. The bottom line is we can list possibilities all day long but we can't prove any are correct so "we" can't provide an answer.......this really isn't a situation for posters on City-Data to solve nor can they.....this needs to be solved with a call to the police...even if they can't provide an instant answer they can provide some increased presence in her area for awhile. Perhaps this is just a situation of a legitiment individual doing his job but because he was too lazy to announce himself in some form this homeowner is scared and looking for explanations for this "suspicious behavior". Better to err of the side of safety.
You may not agree with me but I'll still thank you to keep your smart ass posts about turkey shoots to yourself and try to stick to the subject at hand in the future. Personal attacks serve no purpose in helping this woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 09:11 AM

2,312 posts, read 6,522,659 times
Well, take down the license # and call the police and file a complaint??? What next?

Old 02-05-2009, 09:41 AM

2,510 posts, read 3,113,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevedark View Post
Well, take down the license # and call the police and file a complaint??? What next?
I agree 100%.....not sure why all this debate was needed and this wasn't done to begin with ???

Old 02-05-2009, 10:11 AM

652 posts, read 1,549,908 times
Maybe your house is especially nice or has some architectural feature they like. I did this when I was planning to hire a designer to do drawings for an addition. I had a lot of pics to show him the exact feature I was asking for and how I wanted it to look.
On the other hand if it was the same person all three times then I'd be suspicious too. That'd be some kind of screw up to erase the picture accidentally twice.
Also Wileynj may be right, was there a recent construction project done on your home?
Just some ideas I thought of, and I agree with the consensus take a picture of them if you can or put a video cam in the window.
Hope it turns out to be nothing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or