Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2009, 02:42 PM

124 posts, read 383,707 times

Advertisements

We all know the Jitneys that run in Union City to the city and throughout jersey city and those in Paterson and newark and pretty much every major road in Northern NJ. Everyone says something different about their operating hours. Do they run 24 hours a day? Do some run 24 hours a day some not. I have heard 12:30 is when they stop. but I have also heard that they run all day in certain spots. I have researched it online and I am yet to find anything regarding operating hours. Does anyone have a definate answer?

Last edited by StrugglingMusician91; 02-14-2009 at 03:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 08:33 AM

46 posts, read 53,305 times
Why not call the company? (Jitney) They're in NYC and they do have a website. I had my girls travel on a Jitney from NY to Long Island. I had to call for reservations the day before. I beleive you call again just to confirm. All went well with their trip. The buses are nice, similar to a plane where they serve snacks.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:08 PM

177 posts, read 700,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrugglingMusician91 View Post
We all know the Jitneys that run in Union City to the city and throughout jersey city and those in Paterson and newark and pretty much every major road in Northern NJ. Everyone says something different about their operating hours. Do they run 24 hours a day? Do some run 24 hours a day some not. I have heard 12:30 is when they stop. but I have also heard that they run all day in certain spots. I have researched it online and I am yet to find anything regarding operating hours. Does anyone have a definate answer?

Well some people who never ride them come on here and spout off about the hours of service, which is misleading and wrong.

I can tell you that the Kennedy Boulevard white bus runs from Gate 51 inside Port Authority to Journal Square. It starts running at 5:30am Mon-Fri and 6:00am Sat-Sun. The last bus leaves Port Authority at midnight.

Bergenline white buses line up on 42nd St. on the side of the street against Port Authority, and they run on a similar schedule.

The only buses that I have HEARD run 24 hours as far as white buses are the ones that go through Weehawken, West New York, etc. Those are lined up on 42nd St. across the street from Port Authority.

In another thread that was created a few days ago, a few posters gave information on some NJ transit buses that run into North Bergen, Weehawken, etc. 24 hours.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:45 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,370,107 times
Jitneys stop running at midnight (see previous poster for details)..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey