Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 05:25 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monack View Post
Even putting all thoughts of racism aside - when it is -ever- funny to joke about shooting someone else?
Too true.. I doubt the woman lying in the hospital with her face ripped off will find this the least bit humorous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 05:31 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Or friends of MPBsr's
I think not.

My family is very diverse and don't think the cartoon is racist.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:41 PM

825 posts, read 3,161,144 times
I can see how this cartoon can be interpreted as racist. its "racist" because the two shooters are cops. Obama is black and there is a never-ending battle between law enforcement and black people.

who was the crazy serial-killer that predicted a race war was coming? was that Charles Manson?

it looks like his prediction is right. the world is killing itself. maybe the prediction about the world ending in 2012 is also true... cuz look at ourselves. it used to be that making fun of your president was treason, then with Bush as president it became acceptable. and now just because Obama is black, any criticism or making fun is racist! one day, we're all gonna inter-breed and everyone will look the same. race won't matter then and it shouldn't matter now! am I right?

Old 02-19-2009, 05:43 PM

718 posts, read 2,325,345 times
So that makes it racist against Italian-Americans. Where's our affirmative action? We want a piece of the pie too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I'd say it was more of an insult to Pelosi. It's her damn legislation, not Obama's. Obama doesn't have the power of authoring it. Since Pelosi is the speaker of the house, technically, she is the one being insulted.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:47 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
the cartoon is in extremely bad taste. making light of any serious injury is just over the edge. creative, and funny its certainly not.

if one looked at it and didnt know about the story, one might make racist assumptions, im sure thats what the cartoonist had in mind by combining the 2 stories.

presidents have been made fun of long before dumb dubya. i will agree some pple will be watching closing for hints of racism, even when they arent there.

Last edited by todd00; 02-19-2009 at 05:56 PM..

Old 02-19-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DITC View Post
So that makes it racist against Italian-Americans. Where's our affirmative action? We want a piece of the pie too!
I'm an Italian-American and trust me... nancy pelosi is not an Italian-American. she has an Italian name, but that doesn't mean anything. you got to live Italian. i believe she's from California... yeah, there all fake out there. you wanna see real Italian-Americans? right here in NY/NJ. James Florio i think is more of an Italian-American than she is.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:58 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
i bet i can guess, out of the regular posters, who thinks it's racist and who doesn't with 100% accuracy.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:02 PM

i'm being totally serious....is the monkey supposed to be obama and if so, how is it not totally offensive? if it's not, who is it supposed to be? that wacky lady in CT with the crazy chimp? if so, what does she have to do with the stimulus package?

i'm failing to understand how they got the idea from the crazy lady but applied it to the economic problems we're having now.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i'm being totally serious....is the monkey supposed to be obama and if so, how is it not totally offensive? if it's not, who is it supposed to be? that wacky lady in CT with the crazy chimp? if so, what does she have to do with the stimulus package?

i'm failing to understand how they got the idea from the crazy lady but applied it to the economic problems we're having now.
tahiti... we evolved from monkeys... come on!

Old 02-19-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105 View Post
tahiti... we evolved from monkeys... come on!
really, i thought it was adam and eve! creationism baby!! evolution? there's no proof of that....puhleeze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey