U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 10:28 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,668,438 times

Advertisements

wow not many people were in such an uproar over many cartoons against bush and his admin. it was ok then. i think the cartoon is sick,the cartoonist said he was trying to make joke of the chimp that went crazy. thats wrong.maybe if he would have made it an albino chimp it would not have offended so many. im sure it would have started some controversy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 10:31 PM

1,026 posts, read 2,043,471 times
Did anyone, in the entire regime of the bush administration, EVER do a political cartoon that depicted Bush being shot?

I honestly don't know. But that's what is upsetting me the most here - as I said - all racial issues aside, when is it EVER okay to have a cartoon that depicts your president being shot...?

Old 02-19-2009, 11:12 PM

1,368 posts, read 3,134,550 times
How about a movie? Death of a President

Death of a President (2006)

Although I have never been a GWB fan, MANY people cheered when this movie came out....just sayin'

Old 02-20-2009, 12:57 AM

10,427 posts, read 29,611,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
wow not many people were in such an uproar over many cartoons against bush and his admin. it was ok then. i think the cartoon is sick,the cartoonist said he was trying to make joke of the chimp that went crazy. thats wrong.maybe if he would have made it an albino chimp it would not have offended so many. im sure it would have started some controversy
And here I thought bush the Dictator was the Chimpanzee that went crazy. Can you tell the difference? I cant.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:00 AM

49,725 posts, read 46,804,402 times
if only 10% thought so it was too much. its not about racisim, its about violence and the president of the united states. you have crossed the line. like jokers about bombs at TSA checkpoint, you can laugh on your way to jail.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:08 AM

1,026 posts, read 2,043,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post

Although I have never been a GWB fan, MANY people cheered when this movie came out....just sayin'

I think that was wrong too, actually. Any time you have what is perceived as a threat to the president - popular or not - it's not cool in my eyes.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:36 AM

11,681 posts, read 21,217,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
proudmama Im on your side and Im white. If you were to look up my posts you would find me standing with the blacks when the cops are taking pot shots at blacks just because they feel like it. I too am a victim of discrimination of a different kind but I dont care or complain.

My only point was why be so sensitive and I was not pointing at any specific group? If some one can call me a stupid ______ or a _______ Irishmen then I laugh right along. Why do some people/cultures have to make a scene? Im a white male christian, the only true minority in America and I dont care when Im put down or denied a benefit due to my minority status. Hell...Im used to it.

A cartoon is just a joke. Rip it up or turn the page. Part of the strength of being a great human being is having the ablilty to laugh at some one who points and laughs at you. To start riots, blow people and buildings up, shoot people, loot stores, because of a stupid cartoon is insane. But it is tolerated because we dont want to insult anyone.

The only race is the human race and we are all in this together.

OMG...my sides hurt...stop. It's too funny. 49% of the population is male, ~80% is white, and 70% are Christian. That's some funny-a$$ math you have there, desert.

You TRULY have no idea what it's like to be part of a truly oppressed group.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:37 AM

11,681 posts, read 21,217,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post

I never heard of it. Is it supposed to be a comedy?

Old 02-20-2009, 06:39 AM

7,577 posts, read 14,875,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i bet i can guess, out of the regular posters, who thinks it's racist and who doesn't with 100% accuracy.
I won't take that bet... I can as well

Old 02-20-2009, 07:14 AM

7,529 posts, read 4,218,861 times
Default If you look hard enough........

If you are so inclined you will find 'racist' overtones in just about everything.

Like seeing elements of a lost love in every woman's face.
"Doesn't she look like Penolope Cruz? Nope I don't see that at all".

"If you don't agree with me I'll dig though my purse and give you a label".

The elements of racism begin with and are nurtured, by a closed mind.

The cowardice of America is fostered by those that are too quick with labels and have no interest in an actual discussion. After the first words or hint of nuance you get..... " I've heard all I need to make a judgement, end of discussion".

So what does this ink blot look like to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey