U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your stance as a New Jersey resident?
I was born here, raised here, and I will die here! 14 33.33%
I was born here, but I live out of state and want to come back. 5 11.90%
I was born here, but I live out of state and I am content. 11 26.19%
I'm from out-of-state, currently living here and I despise it! 6 14.29%
I'm from out-of-state, and I like it here better. 6 14.29%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 11:20 PM

825 posts, read 2,859,456 times

Advertisements

Which state do New Jerseyans prefer most other than their very? Tell us which of the remaining 49 states you like the most and why. Also check out the (unrelated) poll, but it's kind of cool and it sort of relates to the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 11:24 PM

I like Colorado the best, after New Jersey. Colorado is a beautiful state with lots to do!

Old 02-21-2009, 11:39 PM

1,041 posts, read 2,867,346 times
you need a sixth option: I was born here, I left, and I came running back.

I love Arizona.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:11 AM

3,223 posts, read 8,608,908 times
im born and raised here, I dont see myself ever moving out, because there are plenty of people here and everything I need. I stayed in NC for extended periods but it became old pretty quick, home is where the heart is - your loved ones, where u can identify as a person and are accustomed to.

my 2nd state would be.. certainly no state inland, cali is nice but to foreign, probably the Washington DC area.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:14 AM

1,576 posts, read 5,184,124 times
I lived in Fl for a year back in 2004 to help my grandpa.. but i don't count that as a big impact.. I was born and raised here and will die here.

Nj is my favorite state, but my second is Ny.. oh how bias!

Old 02-22-2009, 08:10 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,425,760 times
My vote was "I was born here, I live out of state and I want to come back". Working on the plan to be back by 2010. Spent a lot of time in Florida caring for ill parents-too much time- I could never live there. NH is a nice state and has many good points but it is just not home. The husband and I are just New Jersey people. We spend all our vaca time in NJ anyway-might as well move home. If things go according to plan, we will be keeping a home/camp in very northern NH, with a home in NJ, but will spend most of our time in NJ.

Last edited by nicolem; 02-22-2009 at 08:19 AM..

Old 02-22-2009, 08:33 AM

Colorado is my second favorite state, but a lot of the states I like are nothing like New Jersey, which is odd. you're all gonna think I'm crazy, but West Virginia is towards the top of my list too. i also kind of like Wyoming. Wyoming is pretty much the exact opposite of new jersey.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:50 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,425,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105 View Post
Colorado is my second favorite state, but a lot of the states I like are nothing like New Jersey, which is odd. you're all gonna think I'm crazy, but West Virginia is towards the top of my list too. i also kind of like Wyoming. Wyoming is pretty much the exact opposite of new jersey.
West Virginia is a nice state, with great beauty. It gets a bad rap from tv and the media kind of like NJ does. Many times it is portrayed as a state that has only coal mines, toothless and uneducated people and that is a shame as there is much more to the state than the poverty that yes-does exists in certain parts there. Many people with this opinion have never even been there just like those who formulate opinions about NJ but have never explored NJ either.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
West Virginia is a very nice state. It gets a bad rap from tv and the media kind of like NJ does. Many times it is portrayed as a state that has only coal mines, toothless and uneducated people and that is a shame as there is much more to the state than the poverty that yes-does exists there. Many people with this opinion have never even been there.
yeah, I know. when i went through down that way, i saw all of these beautiful tree covered mountains and I was like, what are people talking about? it's beautiful here. and people here aren't "poor" they're just simpler, and that's not a half-bad thing.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:15 AM

9,124 posts, read 33,075,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105 View Post
I'm confused- in another thread, you said that you wanted to live in an urban area, and were tired of living "out in the sticks" in Mendham, yet states like Wyoming and West Virginia are near the top of your list???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey