Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:12 AM

4,178 posts, read 5,056,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
About 90% of their budget is contractually dedicated before they even begin looking at it.
is this true for all NJ towns ?

and who "dedicates" the budget ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 06:16 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,620,766 times
Most low income workers will not vote for Lonegan. Probably 98% of lower income people will not vote for him. First he is a republican, second is he is a conservative. Most people vote with their pockets and who is better for them. Just look at the last pres. election. 95 percent of black people voted for Obama. If I was a low income earner I would not certainly vote for any republican because they do not have my best interest in heart. Whoever gives each individual the best bang for the buck gets the vote. It's a no brainer.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:51 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Most low income workers will not vote for Lonegan. Probably 98% of lower income people will not vote for him. First he is a republican, second is he is a conservative. Most people vote with their pockets and who is better for them. Just look at the last pres. election. 95 percent of black people voted for Obama. If I was a low income earner I would not certainly vote for any republican because they do not have my best interest in heart. Whoever gives each individual the best bang for the buck gets the vote. It's a no brainer.
thank you.

as far as being a republican.....not so fast......schlundler won, remember?

Old 02-27-2009, 07:38 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
thank you.

Schundler got creamed in the governor's race in 2001 by Jim McGreevey. However, he won the mayoral election in JC.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
thank you.

He won BECAUSE The Mayor before him Gerry McCann was a corrupt politicial democrat that was hauled off to the federal penal system after an indictment for 16 felonies. And the populace was looking for someone to right the ship Same on the national level, people were looking for someone to right the ship and bugs bunny would have won. So lets get rid of Corzine, be it a dem, repub or independent. No one will have a chance because he will open up his wallet and spend 50 million for a job that he accepts a dollar for.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Schundler got creamed in the governor's race in 2001 by Jim McGreevey. However, he won the mayoral election in JC.
that's what I meant...no place more democratic than JC.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
He won BECAUSE The Mayor before him Gerry McCann was a corrupt politicial democrat that was hauled off to the federal penal system after an indictment for 16 felonies. And the populace was looking for someone to right the ship Same on the national level, people were looking for someone to right the ship and bugs bunny would have won. So lets get rid of Corzine, be it a dem, repub or independent. No one will have a chance because he will open up his wallet and spend 50 million for a job that he accepts a dollar for.
i'm no corzine sympathizer, but what exactly has he done to incur the wrath of this board? my municipal budget, while he's been in office, has averaged 3%/yr increase (and YES! I KNOW he has nothing to do with it, however, it does show that he hasn't raped suburban towns - our budget is practically flat). my state income taxes have not gone up. those 2 items compose 95% of my "NJ" taxes.

i'd classify him as ineffective - NOT the person solely responsible for all of NJ ills, like a lot here would like to portray.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
i'm no corzine sympathizer, but what exactly has he done to incur the wrath of this board? my municipal budget, while he's been in office, has averaged 3%/yr increase (and YES! I KNOW he has nothing to do with it, however, it does show that he hasn't raped suburban towns - our budget is practically flat). my state income taxes have not gone up. those 2 items compose 95% of my "NJ" taxes.

i'd classify him as ineffective - NOT the person solely responsible for all of NJ ills, like a lot here would like to portray.
I and some of the we on the board wants someone to change business as usual in this state. Many, many things have to change and he refuses to do so. His solution is two days unpaid leave. Where do I sign up for that. He has not had pension reform and that alone would save this state an awful lot of money. I still see day after day no show jobs, people coming every 2 weeks to pick up a check with no work assignments.PS Wayne Bryant one of his biggest backers. I mean come on he proposed raising taxes on the toll roads by 800% without cutting a stinking nickel. For him it's business as usual and most middle income tax payers are sick and tired of the same ole, same ole. If the whip was cracked in NJ you could cut the budget by 20 to 30 percent without even noticing any change. I know people from the state with take home cars that are supposed to be on call and they haven't ever recieved a call to respond to anything. So they sell their personal car and use the state cars to go to the stores, Disney World and work. My fingers are hurting. All I have to say things need to be shaken up and I don't care who it annoys. We want our kids and grandkids to stay in Jersey and I really, really don't see no hope for them based on business as usual.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
I and some of the we on the board wants someone to change business as usual in this state. Many, many things have to change and he refuses to do so. His solution is two days unpaid leave. Where do I sign up for that. He has not had pension reform and that alone would save this state an awful lot of money. I still see day after day no show jobs, people coming every 2 weeks to pick up a check with no work assignments.PS Wayne Bryant one of his biggest backers. I mean come on he proposed raising taxes on the toll roads by 800% without cutting a stinking nickel. For him it's business as usual and most middle income tax payers are sick and tired of the same ole, same ole. If the whip was cracked in NJ you could cut the budget by 20 to 30 percent without even noticing any change. I know people from the state with take home cars that are supposed to be on call and they haven't ever recieved a call to respond to anything. So they sell their personal car and use the state cars to go to the stores, Disney World and work. My fingers are hurting. All I have to say things need to be shaken up and I don't care who it annoys. We want our kids and grandkids to stay in Jersey and I really, really don't see no hope for them based on business as usual.
LMAO! JM, you crack me up. I love your posts.

So you basically agree he's been ineffective. (the 800% toll increase didn't go through)

Because of that, you're hanging your hat on...........wait a minute...........what's that?!? HOPE and CHANGE ® ? (you know I can't resist)

Old 02-27-2009, 10:54 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Quote:
JM,

That's bull$hit. You should really report these no good bastards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey