U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 08:23 PM

1,097 posts, read 1,332,047 times
I've seen teachers in special ed classes 'give' them away as well. It helps those who think they are no good at school become more excited with learning and stay in to graduate. Every ocean has a shore. Inept wouldn't be my synonym for shortcoming or disability; a trophy may help in overcoming, instead of wallowing or not even trying. I agree there should be a limit on PC BS, but as I've seen it done, this is not the area to draw a line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 08:54 PM

825 posts, read 1,908,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
Or worse....just for being totally uesless at something. Really what is the point in giving every kid a trophy....what are we teaching them....just show up and be inept and it's worth a trophy. No need to try to be the best. I'm so sick of all the PC BS.
when I was much younger, I played baseball for the township. they had to give every kid a trophy, or else the ones who didn't get a trophy would feel bad and cry. when ur an adult or a teenager, your more mature, so obviously you don't cry over dumb stuff like that. you only a trophy, or ribbon, or whatever kind of award when you actually do accomplish something. you see what I mean? the trophies that you get when you're younger are just sort of morale boosters, I was probably the worst kid on the team, but I still got a trophy.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:40 AM

3,223 posts, read 5,997,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105 View Post
when I was much younger, I played baseball for the township. they had to give every kid a trophy, or else the ones who didn't get a trophy would feel bad and cry. when ur an adult or a teenager, your more mature, so obviously you don't cry over dumb stuff like that. you only a trophy, or ribbon, or whatever kind of award when you actually do accomplish something. you see what I mean? the trophies that you get when you're younger are just sort of morale boosters, I was probably the worst kid on the team, but I still got a trophy.

Yeah and then they would go be good at something else. It's PATHETIC to give every kid a trophy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey