U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-07-2009, 05:29 PM

2,510 posts, read 1,237,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandcookies View Post
Ahhhhh do you remember this meaningful and articulate sentence?
"You know, education -- if you make the most of it, you study hard and you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well.

"If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq." That was not from Bush that would be the proud military man Kerry.
I'm sure you can pick out infrequent mis-statements by every candidate.....but geeze......everytime Bush opened his mouth, aside from his foot, some form of jibberish that made you scratch your head fell out too. Again...even if he what he meant to say didn't come out quite right at least he served honorably in a difficult war....thats a lot more than most politicians can say today ?

Old 03-07-2009, 05:34 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,249,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
I'm sure you can pick out infrequent mis-statements by every candidate.....but geeze......everytime Bush opened his mouth, aside from his foot, some form of jibberish that made you scratch your head fell out too. Again...even if he what he meant to say didn't come out quite right at least he served honorably in a difficult war....thats a lot more than most politicians can say today ?
I respect him for serving and am very thankful but I still couldn't vote for him.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:49 PM

174 posts, read 273,439 times
Quote:
Ahhhhh do you remember this meaningful and articulate sentence?
"You know, education -- if you make the most of it, you study hard and you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well.

"If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq." That was not from Bush that would be the proud military man Kerry.
I was an active duty Marine Corps Corporal, about 2 years in when Kerry testifed before Congress, "atrocities akin to those inflicted by Ghenghis Khan".

Kerry was a Commissioned Officer, who only served 4 months "in country". He left after purposefully pursuing a technicality that any Service member wounded three times could request transfer from the combat zone. It was intended for those seriously wounded. Yet Lieutenent Kerry, though "wounded" thrice, NEVER SPENT ONE NIGHT IN SICKBAY, nor has he ever claimed any disabilty after his Service.

What he did in this pursuit was perfectly legal and aboveboard. But after 23 years of Marine Corps Service, having been with the initial assault force in Desert Storm and having been wounded in Somalia I will tell you this:

I have NEVER met an Officer in either the Army or Marine Corps that was in a combat leadership role that would have left his men in the lurch like this. And I'm talking 23 and 24 year old Officers; the guy that stands in front when leading the assault, or house to house search.

Make of that what you will. I was stationed alot of places in 23 years and met alot of men. He is universally despised by those I know that have served in combat.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I respect him for serving and am very thankful but I still couldn't vote for him.
Even now ???????

Old 03-07-2009, 05:56 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,249,481 times
Quote:
Even now ???????
Even now what would i vote for him? No.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topster7 View Post
I was an active duty Marine Corps Corporal, about 2 years in when Kerry testifed before Congress, "atrocities akin to those inflicted by Ghenghis Khan".

Kerry was a Commissioned Officer, who only served 4 months "in country". He left after purposefully pursuing a technicality that any Service member wounded three times could request transfer from the combat zone. It was intended for those seriously wounded. Yet Lieutenent Kerry, though "wounded" thrice, NEVER SPENT ONE NIGHT IN SICKBAY, nor has he ever claimed any disabilty after his Service.

What he did in this pursuit was perfectly legal and aboveboard. But after 23 years of Marine Corps Service, having been with the initial assault force in Desert Storm and having been wounded in Somalia I will tell you this:

I have NEVER met an Officer in either the Army or Marine Corps that was in a combat leadership role that would have left his men in the lurch like this. And I'm talking 23 and 24 year old Officers; the guy that stands in front when leading the assault, or house to house search.

Make of that what you will. I was stationed alot of places in 23 years and met alot of men. He is universally despised by those I know that have served in combat.
Please remember we were looking at Kerry compared to Bush who claimed to have served in the Reserves but they couldn't find any records/documentation to prove he did.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Even now what would i vote for him? No.

Even now....knowing what you know..... you still would chose Bush over Kerry ???

Old 03-07-2009, 06:18 PM

174 posts, read 273,439 times
FlyersFan, no one credible claims Bush falsly claimed he served in the Reserves. Not even Dan Rather. What they claim is that he never served his full term. Remember his landing on the aircraft carrier and the whole "Mission Accomplished" deal? He flew the plane that landed him for a spell.

Why do you Liberals jump on Bush over his Service, when Clinton and Obama didn't serve AT ALL?

It appears to me that you think Bush leaving early, (if true), is worse than one who never served at all.

Is that your position?

Old 03-07-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topster7 View Post
FlyersFan, no one credible claims Bush falsly claimed he served in the Reserves. Not even Dan Rather. What they claim is that he never served his full term. Remember his landing on the aircraft carrier and the whole "Mission Accomplished" deal? He flew the plane that landed him for a spell.

Why do you Liberals jump on Bush over his Service, when Clinton and Obama didn't serve AT ALL?

It appears to me that you think Bush leaving early, (if true), is worse than one who never served at all.

Is that your position?
The last I heard on the news when it was an issue was they couldn't find his records to prove he served....even if he did serve for a period in the reserves....its supposed to be six years....I did my six years why couldn't he ? I'm not aware of any wars that Clinton started that he sent American boys into harms way.....although Bush found a way to sneak out the back door and not complete his reserve duty Georgie boy had no problems sending mostly reserve units into a war.....and then sent the same units back again and again for multiple tours of duty. Obamas military history is not a factor as hes trying to get us out of the military mess that Georgie boy got us into.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:03 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,861,831 times
Quote:
Even now....knowing what you know..... you still would chose Bush over Kerry ???
Bush was a poor speaker who did indeed come off looking like he wasn't up to the job when it came to giving a speech.

However, he took off the gloves and kept us free from another major terrorist attack for the next 8 years, and that was no small feat.

Also, absolutely nothing about Kerry (or any other of the candidates in 2004) leads me to believe that they would have done anything different when it came to the housing bubble (which caused this whole mess). If anything, Kerry would have probably joined with the Dems in Congress calling for less regulation of FannieMae, so that more loans could be given out to subprime borrowers who couldn't afford them (because those subprime borrowers largely represent a demographic that's a large Democratic voting block).

We probably would have had a worse housing bubble with Kerry in charge.

Kerry also would have probably withdrawn from Iraq in defeat. Today, Iraq is pretty stable (although Obama will be the one to retreat and flush everthing that's been accomplished down the drain).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey