Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 03:29 PM

1 posts, read 12,327 times

Advertisements

Hello people,

Just want to get the word out to any cricket lovers out there. We are a cricket team who play league cricket on sundays. We are located in South Brunswick area.

If you want to play cricket on a league level or just want to try out cricket please let us know.

Email: njcricketclub@gmail.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 05:04 PM

137 posts, read 522,375 times
I think I saw some guys playing cricket in Mercer County Park

Old 03-11-2009, 05:09 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Yes, and we have a pitch in West Windsor.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:40 PM

7 posts, read 36,862 times
Gentlemen,
For most of you who do not know me, I introduce myself as Deepak Katte, founder of the newest Cricket League in NJ, NJSCUA. I have been associated with several cricket leagues in NJ (MCL, CLNJ, NJCA) for a long time as an Umpire.

I'm primarily reaching out to you, to let you know about a new Cricket League in NJ area and also with a hope that anyone who thinks they have too many people on their rooster or willing to put up a team for a new Sunday League, you are most welcome to do so with us.

Briefly about NJSCUA, we are a non-political, non-profit organization, started by 3 like minded individuals, to basically enjoy playing cricket on a Sunday afternoon, the way it should be played, free from "politics" & without any interference from "power hungry" individuals, with zero telerance policy for discipline.
We are primarily a Sunday League, play in colored clothing and white ball, in and around Edison area. We have about 5 teams confirmed and a few more teams have shown interest in joining. We would like to keep total number of teams to a managable size of about 8 to 10 for the first season or at the max 12, so that we can have a good solid first season.

We have plans on having cricket coaching from people who have experience as well as Umpire's clinic for anyone who is interested.

Having said that, our league is just about 1 week old and we are building from scratch and we need all the help in every which way people can contribute.

If you are interested in putting up a team for another Sunday league, please think of us and do so. If you know of any teams who may be interested, please do let them know about us. Teams WITHOUT grounds are also welcome.

Really appreciate your help and understanding and please do spread the word.

Many Thanks
-Deepak

Here are some FAQ for anyone interested;

1. How can my team join?
In order to join, let us know via e-mail or phone so we can send in an application form. Just fill out the attached Team Application Form and mail it along with the league fees to the address mentioned in the Application Form no later than 03/28/2009.

2. How much is the League Fees?
The league fees for the 2009 Season has been set at $400. This fee includes the cost of balls and insurance, for both 40 overs game as well as T20 games.

3. What day will NJSCUA be playing their games?
NJSCUA is a Sunday league and all of its games will be played on Sundays.

4. How many teams are currently in this league?
Currently we have 5 teams confirmed with several teams expressing their interests (and counting).

5. What formats of the games will this league be playing?
NJSCUA will be playing a round robin format followed by a “Knock Out” Championship (A.K.A Play Offs) followed by a 20/20 tournament. There will also be a variety of exhibition games to promote the game of Cricket.

6. What will be the uniform for NJSCUA?
NJSCUA will be playing in COLOR clothing. We currently have a vendor who can provide with the clothing for a reasonable price, but teams can always purchase the clothing from their own preferred vendor.

7. What is NJSCUA’s Website?
NJSCUA is currently in the process of building a website and according to the webmasters the website will be up and running with all its features by the end of march 2009.

8. When will NJSCUA Kick start their season?
The 1st set of NJSCUA games is scheduled for 05/03/09

9. How many teams would you like to register during the first year?
In order to have a manageable size and to have a good solid 1st season, with the available ground resources and without compromising on discipline, we are planning on having a total of 8 - 10 teams or a maximum of 12 at the most, Teams having their own grounds are most welcome to join.

10. What other activities are being planned?
We are working on various activities like; having a Free Cricket coaching clinics for any member or member teams, a training/seminar program wherein people can get to learn laws of cricket and get to become a certified umpire. The cost of this program will be very much affordable and is planned during off peak season. Lot of team members/umpires have already shown interest in this. More details on this, when the program is finalized.

For any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact:
Deepak Katte
E-mail- deepak_katte@yahoo.com
Phone Number-732-762-9043

Syed Ahmed
E-mail- ahmedsyed85@gmail.com
Phone Number- 201-281-8564

Thank you
The Executive Members of NJSCUA

Old 01-21-2010, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 11,629 times
Hi, My sons want to join cricke. they are 16 and 13 We are from Pakistan and live in Piscataway. Please let me know what to do. Thanks, YB

Old 02-03-2011, 12:20 PM

7 posts, read 36,862 times
NJSCUA proudly invites applications from existing member clubs and also welcomes any new applicants for 2011 season. New applicants WITHOUT HOME GROUND are most welcome to join us.
New clubs are reminded that the completed application form for season 2011 along with the membership application fee, must be submitted back to the League Secretary, Mr. Syed Ahmed, no later than February 28, 2011 for timely consideration. Any application forms received after this date may not be considered. The outcome of submitting the application form will be indicated to all the applicants by 1st week of March 2011.

Membership application form for season2011 can be found under 'Rules and Publications' | 'Application Forms' section of the league's website (NJSCUA.com)
Please NOTE the first preference

while accepting application forms will be given to those Clubs having their HOME ground or who can arrange a ground to host their HOME Games.

Briefly about NJSCUA, after the spectacular success in past 2 seasons comprising of a Regular Season (40 over's a side) competition (with 7 teams) and a T20 competition (with 16 teams), NJSCUA has moved from strength to strength within this short time and the Cricket enthusiasts in and around NJ area have taken note of it. This was every evident when a total of 9 new teams enrolled for participation in our second year T20 competition which is indicative of the hard work that went behind making this happen. It was also truly amazing & encouraging for NJSCUA to note that several sponsors also shared our vision & objectives and generously came forward to contribute towards our progress.

Here are TOP 10 reasons why Teams should join NJSCUA for Season 2011;
  1. Cheapest Membership Fees:
    FULL Membership fee for the entire season 2011 is ONLY $500.00, the lowest in the area. FULL Membership fees includes membership for Regular Season (40 over's a side) Championship & T-20 Competition, cost for balls, Liability ONLY insurance. Going by last year as a general guide, each FULL team played a minimum of 12 Regular Season games & 7 T-20 Games, making it a total of a minimum of 19 games in the season.

Optionally, teams can sign up for EARLY bird discounted price for either T-20 Competition ONLY or Regular Season Championship ONLY. Please check the application form for more info.

2. No Extra Fees for NOT having a Ground:
    Unlike other Leagues, NJSCUA welcomes teams WITHOUT grounds and such teams do not have to pay a dime extra just for the fact that they don't have their own HOME Ground. At NJSCUA, clubs having a HOME ground is an advantage but NOT a requirement.

3. Possibility of Winning a PRIZE MONEY for being a REGULAR SEASON CHAMPION:
    Starting season 2011, NJSCUA EC is strongly considering instituting a PRIZE MONEY of some sort for Winning regular season championship. This will be possible ONLY if 10 or more teams sign up for the regular season competition. Final decision on this once the League receives and reviews all the application forms.

4. Possibility of having (NOT 1 but) 2 Neutral & well Qualified Umpires for most of the Regular Season Games:
    Rarely does a weekend go by during the cricket season in the USA, with no complaints about umpires’ decisions or players’ conduct. This notion is common across many Cricket Leagues across the country which is shared by participating teams in the area. At NJSCUA, this however is a thing of the past. NJSCUA understands the importance of "good quality Umpiring" in its games to be the key factor for; our vision, our member's enjoyment, the League's smooth operation and thereby the League's prosperity.

In view of these & for the benefit of its Members, its Umpire's and other interested Cricket enthusiasts from NJ area, NJSCUA associated itself with nation's premier Cricket Umpire's organization, The United States Cricket Umpire's Association (USACUA), in 2010, to organize a comprehensive Official Certification and Training program on Cricket Laws during its off-season. This was the first of its kind program that any Cricket League, any where in USA till date has accomplished. The result of this Umpire's Training Program in 2010 was that the League was proud to contribute 7 qualified & knowledgeable umpires for the betterment of Cricket in the area.

This year, the program has again started on Jan 15, 2011 and is being held on Saturdays between 12.30 PM to 4.30 PM at Mercer County Library, Twin Rivers Branch, in East Windsor, NJ-08520. We currently have 10 umpires enrolled for the program.

Thanks to generous sponsors who share the league's vision in season 2010, NJSCUA,solely for the benefit of its member teams, was able to raise sponsorship money whereby the league would appoint 2 qualified neutral umpire's for most regular season games and with League paying for 1 Umpire's fee and the 2 teams equally splitting the costs for 1 Umpire's fee. This way the teams would get a fair decision and not be cheated of a result of game by way of incompetent umpire (s) or a biased striker's end umpire from the batting team. NJSCUA is confident of replicating this for season 2011 as well.

5. Guaranteed 50 % HOME Games

6. No compromises on By-Laws whatsoever

7. White Clothing for Regular Season Games

8. Use of PINK BALLS during the entire season

9. Raising sponsorship for various activities (live commentary during finals, etc) without being a burden on member teams

10. Efficient Administration which cares for its members

All of these can be vouched by the existing member teams who have had no second thoughts in renewing their membership fees for season 2011.

NJSCUA strives for and promises to make the new season 2011 contest even more compelling, spectacular and multi-faceted than ever before. We assure our members and prospective members that we will do what we promise we we'll do, which is to make playing in cricket with NJSCUA, cheap & enjoyable.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Deepak Katte, NJSCUA President or Syed Ahmed, NJSCUA Secretary at e-mails; President@NJSCUA.com or Secretary@NJSCUA.com or EC@NJSCUA.com.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:11 PM

2 posts, read 20,337 times
Default i wanna play some serious cricket

hi
im balu,looking to play some serious cricket...im a pace bowler..i can bowl at 130kmp pace and im flex to bat at any order of the line up...im looking forward to play for any club...and im living at somerville nj..thankyou...looking forward for ur reply...contact me through my mail : balaji.karlapudi@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcricketclub View Post
Hello people,

Just want to get the word out to any cricket lovers out there. We are a cricket team who play league cricket on sundays. We are located in South Brunswick area.

If you want to play cricket on a league level or just want to try out cricket please let us know.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:14 PM

2 posts, read 20,337 times
Default want to play serious cricket

hi
im balu,looking to play some serious cricket...im a pace bowler..i can bowl at 130kmp pace and im flex to bat at any order of the line up...im looking forward to play for any club...and im living at somerville nj..thankyou...looking forward for ur reply...contact me through my mail : balaji.karlapudi@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcricketclub View Post
Hello people,

Old 05-21-2014, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 6,978 times
Default Am right hand opening batsman and loooking for a club to join and play league cricket

Hi,

Am opening batsman and part time medium pacer, looking for a club to join & play league cricket.
I was playing for a district club in Sydney as an opener and recently moved to USA. Am staying in Cherry hill (08002) and want to play league cricket. So please let me know if any of the clubs looking for a crciket player, my contact number is 8562298417. you can call me any time after 5 P.M. on weekdays and any time in Weekend.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:08 PM

17 posts, read 27,616 times
count me in. I am a very mediocre bowler and even mediocre batsman. I don't have any shiny words for myself .

Still if you want I can play!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey