Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:02 AM

82 posts, read 235,616 times

Advertisements

As far as gang near me it seems to be picking up in only several towns. Two are close to me and the other about 1 hour away. Mainly it involves rival gangs shooting each other. My mother is retired and lives in one of the towns with increased activity. The town she lives in is ideal and actually has a high retiree population. My mom loves it here, but she too worries about the violence.

Dmccauley - I hadn't thought about Craigslist as an option for selling. Thanks for the input. I was actually considering using buyowner.com, which is so popular in this area of Florida. That's kind of foreign to me though because up north you rarely see someone trying to sell their home on their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 11:28 AM

831 posts, read 2,437,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkjacket View Post
Dmccauley - I hadn't thought about Craigslist as an option for selling. Thanks for the input. I was actually considering using buyowner.com, which is so popular in this area of Florida. That's kind of foreign to me though because up north you rarely see someone trying to sell their home on their own.

Thats true but things have changed quite a bit. People from up north may not list their home on their but I found certainly look to buy off Craigs list. I had posted mine on there and was overwhelmed with the responses. Also Oprah has now done a segment about selling your home and mentioned using Craigs list so when Oprah speaks people seem to listen. Craigs List was expecting a huge increase from this.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:04 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
I moved to Upstate NY, way way upstate , moved back to NJ. Did not move back to my original place in NJ, moved more West alittle and LOVE IT!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 03:46 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,163,956 times
Moved to NY for over 12 years - just moved back to NJ in the middle of February, and am thrilled to have done so.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:46 AM

3,315 posts, read 10,091,820 times
I left NJ to go to college. Moved to Philadelphia, Baltimore, then Washington, DC. After 25 yrs I have now returned. I moved back to the little town I grew up in in Central Jersey. And so far, loving it!!!!

Old 03-13-2009, 09:46 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
I also moved from the Bergen County area of N.J. to Florida almost 4 years ago, not by my choice. I prefer Jersey but not the cold weather! I am a Jersey girl, born and raised. I definately prefer the people of Jersey also. Here I find them somewhat uneducated. Also, it is a huge culture shock here. That is another thing I miss, all the culture N.J. and N.Y. has to offer. I grew up with it and it is hard to get along without it. But for health reasons this state is better for me. I needed to live where the weather is warm. Florida is not the perfect place to live, I see many things wrong with this state, but the air is clean and there is alot to do. The Keys are absolutely breathtaking and the water is so clear and blue! Summer is very hot down here, but I will take the heat over the cold and snow anyday! I love to be outdoors! Overall, I find the state of Florida beautiful. Some of the most beautiful sunsets and blue skies are down here. Now, I just need my family and friends to move down here!

Old 03-13-2009, 12:48 PM

831 posts, read 2,437,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
I also moved from the Bergen County area of N.J. to Florida almost 4 years ago, not by my choice. I prefer Jersey but not the cold weather! I am a Jersey girl, born and raised. I definately prefer the people of Jersey also. Here I find them somewhat uneducated. Also, it is a huge culture shock here. That is another thing I miss, all the culture N.J. and N.Y. has to offer. I grew up with it and it is hard to get along without it. But for health reasons this state is better for me. I needed to live where the weather is warm. Florida is not the perfect place to live, I see many things wrong with this state, but the air is clean and there is alot to do. The Keys are absolutely breathtaking and the water is so clear and blue! Summer is very hot down here, but I will take the heat over the cold and snow anyday! I love to be outdoors! Overall, I find the state of Florida beautiful. Some of the most beautiful sunsets and blue skies are down here. Now, I just need my family and friends to move down here!
I have found everything you have said about Florida to be so true. That is the reason I am trying to go back. Now if my friends were all here then maybe I'd reconsider.lol

Old 03-13-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccauley View Post
I have found everything you have said about Florida to be so true. That is the reason I am trying to go back. Now if my friends were all here then maybe I'd reconsider.lol

Without family and friends makes it very lonely! My move to Florida was pretty quick. After about a year it sunk in how much family and friends were missed, and talking on the phone does not fill the void!

Last edited by Blondie621; 03-13-2009 at 11:29 PM..

Old 03-13-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccauley View Post
If you have to sell your house you might want to consider putting it on the market now. I've been trying for almost 2 years now to go back. I've been here since 2005.
That is when I came down here also. July/05. Seems like soooo long ago! I also want to make a move but more South East of here. I could never afford to go back to Jersey. I am on the East Coast of Northern Fl. There are no Jersey people in this area and it is very northern rednecky here. Very boring!

Old 05-11-2009, 09:25 AM

765 posts, read 2,638,144 times
We moved down to Florida in 2004. What a mistake that was! Now, we are trying to move back, but it is quite the challenge, especially trying to get a job up there while we are down here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey