Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 09:03 AM

4,177 posts, read 5,056,132 times

Advertisements

or if you've got a pic of a similar headache-inducing set of signs, post here...
Attached Thumbnails
name this location-signs.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 09:10 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,297,475 times
That's the Exit 12 Park and Ride lot off Route 59 in Nanuet, NY

Old 03-13-2009, 09:21 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Man, Lammius is really, really good. I used to be in this section of Rockland County all the time. One of the best diners I've ever dined in is a right turn off this intersection.

The only thing is, I thought it was Exit 14. But you've got the specific area right on.

pascack rd, nanuet, ny - Google Maps

Old 03-13-2009, 09:27 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,657,508 times
Quote:
They never fixed those signs? It is so confusing if you are trying to find your way back to the parkway S to Jersey from there. Happened to me all the time. You need to get the light there just to figure out which turn to make where!

Old 03-13-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Man, Lammius is really, really good. I used to be in this section of Rockland County all the time. One of the best diners I've ever dined in is a right turn off this intersection.

The only thing is, I thought it was Exit 14. But you've got the specific area right on.

pascack rd, nanuet, ny - Google Maps
Blast! You're right, it is Exit 14, not 12. I mixed up the numbahs. The Exit 12 Park and Ride is the big lot behind Palisades Center Mall in West Nyack, which has a fully-heated bus shelter

Are you talking about Nanuet Diner? Hang a left at the light and go up the hill to El Bandido for a good, heavy Mexican lunch. El Bandido has a location on Main St. in Orange too, but the tacky atmo at the Spring Valley location cannot be matched.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:41 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Quote:
Blast! You're right, it is Exit 14, not 12. I mixed up the numbahs. The Exit 12 Park and Ride is the big lot behind Palisades Center Mall in West Nyack, which has a fully-heated bus shelter

Are you talking about Nanuet Diner? Hang a left at the light and go up the hill to El Bandido for a good, heavy Mexican lunch. El Bandido has a location on Main St. in Orange too, but the tacky atmo at the Spring Valley location cannot be matched.
I'm 99 percent sure it was Nanuet Diner. It was right near the Barnes & Noble and the White Castle, where a railroad tressle went over 59.

If you make a left at that light, you proceed to go into Spring Valley, then Monsey, which is a very, very strange place. Technically, Lamminus and I are talking NY, but I always considered this area to be an extension of Bergen County. The former place is overloaded with migrant workers, in fact, there were day laborer pick up places right on 59, in the open. The latter place has about the largest concentration of Hassidic Jews I've ever seen, right up there with Borough Park, Lakewood NJ, and Kiriyas Joel NY. Both of these towns rub up against each other, and it makes for a very unusual area.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
it was Exit 14
bingo

Old 03-13-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Hang a left at the light and go up the hill to El Bandido for a good, heavy Mexican lunch. El Bandido has a location on Main St. in Orange too, but the tacky atmo at the Spring Valley location cannot be matched.
you nailed it !

I don't think the decor in there has changed in over 20 years.

anyone ever remember the Spring Valley Flea Market ?

me & my hot-rodding buddies used to go up there every Sunday for the cruise night in the parking lot...

Old 03-13-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
I'm 99 percent sure it was Nanuet Diner. It was right near the Barnes & Noble and the White Castle, where a railroad tressle went over 59.

If you make a left at that light, you proceed to go into Spring Valley, then Monsey, which is a very, very strange place. Technically, Lamminus and I are talking NY, but I always considered this area to be an extension of Bergen County. The former place is overloaded with migrant workers, in fact, there were day laborer pick up places right on 59, in the open. The latter place has about the largest concentration of Hassidic Jews I've ever seen, right up there with Borough Park, Lakewood NJ, and Kiriyas Joel NY. Both of these towns rub up against each other, and it makes for a very unusual area.
It is a weird place indeed. I've heard stories about their "community patrol" (a random guy with a red flashing light) pulling people over on Route 306, or people having rocks thrown at their cars for driving through on a Saturday. I was working with a young Indian woman up there once. She went into a deli to get something for us to eat. She came out crying because the man behind the counter gave her an ugly look and said, "I don't think we have anything you'd like to eat here."

Old 12-11-2010, 03:33 PM

20 posts, read 69,245 times
Quote:
isnt it b4 exit 14
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey