Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 04:34 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,170,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevedark View Post
OMG I can't believe someone a few posts ago thought some of the women on these shows were attractive! When I watch the Orange County one I'm frightened by the way those hags look. It's a freak show!
I totally agree!!! They look awful!!! Ugly as sin!! I would put all of them to shame and I don't have their money!! As for the NJ edition, I agree with Strapani..so stereotypical and I wouldn't watch it if you paid me. This one is sure to be like the OC edition, what little I saw of it..bunch of self-involved a-holes with nothing to contribute to society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 04:40 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,627,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
I totally agree!!! They look awful!!! Ugly as sin!! I would put all of them to shame and I don't have their money!! As for the NJ edition, I agree with Strapani..so stereotypical and I wouldn't watch it if you paid me. This one is sure to be like the OC edition, what little I saw of it..bunch of self-involved a-holes with nothing to contribute to society.
They have entertainment to contribute.. and a dream for women watching their lavish exciting life-style

Old 03-22-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105 View Post
exactly what I said. expecially cosmetologist, construction, and the shore girl. this show makes me sick. what bugs me is people who actually try to live up to stereotypes. you'd be amazed by the stories I could tell you about your typical people, and they try to live up to these steretypes. do any of you guys notice this in the adult world? I'm hoping by the time my age group reaches adulthood, they won't act so stupid by trying to live up to stereotypes. it's horrible.

i'll tell you a few:

I'm 100% Italian and so is this other guy I know. He used to be normal like me, but then one day when we were in 9th grade he started sporting this NY accent and he acted like this big tough guido guy and he always said "I'm gonna beetchu up!" w/ like a deep NY accent, and I said to him "Dude... that's not how you talk." Ridiculous! And this other kid always tried to copy us, and he would also sport this horrible accent, jsut because he thought it was part of our state. and some girl I know always gives that "Jersey attitude". it's so fake, she goes out of her way to act like a total b-----, and she sports this like fake jersey girl attitude thing. it's just like all of those people you see on myspace (any of you guys ever go on myspace?)
Ok I went to high school with a girl who couldn't have been more white/Irish (her name might as well have been Irish McIrish for God's sake!) and that was when rap was starting to become popular....we had 2 black guys in the whole high school and I played b-ball with her...well she decided she was gonna be black...stuck her tongue out like Michael Jordan while playing and went around saying "Yo yo yo!" and talking as if she was a black from the ghetto. Ridiculous! And I hate exaggerated accents, I've know a few who do that too! Mine is real and in fact I've worked to lessen it but you talk to anyone out of this area and they immediately hear it, especially people from other countries like my Scottish friend!

I'm half Italian and was raised in a very Italian household..my relatives are like the Sopranos in the way they talk and look but are not mafioso and I don't talk/act like a guidette! Thank God it seems that people tend to grow out of it!

P.S. Have a my-space, never use it but a friend sent me a link on Facebook to you-tube's "A Day at Guido Beach" about typical NJ guidos/guidettes...it's actually quite hilarious!

Old 03-22-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
They might not but you know their husbands Tommy and Joey are going to. LOL.
OK you mean TONY and Joey...lol..hey fugedaboutit!

Old 03-22-2009, 04:58 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,627,673 times
Quote:
Ok I went to high school with a girl who couldn't have been more white/Irish (her name might as well have been Irish McIrish for God's sake!) and that was when rap was starting to become popular....we had 2 black guys in the whole high school and I played b-ball with her...well she decided she was gonna be black...stuck her tongue out like Michael Jordan while playing and went around saying "Yo yo yo!" and talking as if she was a black from the ghetto. Ridiculous! And I hate exaggerated accents, I've know a few who do that too! Mine is real and in fact I've worked to lessen it but you talk to anyone out of this area and they immediately hear it, especially people from other countries like my Scottish friend!

I'm half Italian and was raised in a very Italian household..my relatives are like the Sopranos in the way they talk and look but are not mafioso and I don't talk/act like a guidette! Thank God it seems that people tend to grow out of it!

P.S. Have a my-space, never use it but a friend sent me a link on Facebook to you-tube's "A Day at Guido Beach" about typical NJ guidos/guidettes...it's actually quite hilarious!
These people lack an identity of their own. I like slim shady for example because he doesn't act, but it makes me sick to see guys talk like gangsters or hoodlums because it only shows they're lowlifes or bastards with no roots. The sad thing is in reality, they aren't that tough . Authentic people don't need an accent to get that money, lay the ladies or kick someone's butt.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:39 PM

825 posts, read 3,160,249 times
Quote:

hmm... i've never seen that one. check out these ones "My New Haircut" "Gudio 3000 and 3002" and "The Guido Fan Club Parts 1 and 2"

Old 03-23-2009, 08:47 AM

433 posts, read 1,657,386 times
In the OC promo, the wives are holding oranges, in the Atlanta show they're holding peaches, and in the NYC show they're holding apples......what about the Jersey show? Should they be holding Jersey tomatoes?

Old 03-23-2009, 08:48 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,421,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbnj07 View Post
In the OC promo, the wives are holding oranges, in the Atlanta show they're holding peaches, and in the NYC show they're holding apples......what about the Jersey show? Should they be holding Jersey tomatoes?

Nope....I'd say Dead fishes.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:46 PM

2 posts, read 15,877 times
What towns do these ladies live in? By the way yes they are very gaudy, flashy, single, married to family members, and absolutely ridiculous but that's why we watch.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 03-23-2009, 02:51 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,524,003 times
Maybe they'll be holding blow dryers or credit cards....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey