Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 08:04 PM

6 posts, read 27,627 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My husband and I are looking to relocate to NJ we are from NYC. I work for the telephone company and would like to work in one of NJ offices. I dont know much about NJ but I do know it has a good school system. Can anyone help me out and give me so good tips about the best towns or city that have good school systems and family enviroment. Anything would be truly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2006, 08:44 PM

538 posts, read 2,457,031 times
Default waste of time, don't answer her

In the Pennsylvania forum, you stated that you wanted to relocate to Pennsylvania. Which is it? Don't waste people's time on here.

Old 06-27-2006, 03:47 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,082,397 times
What towns are the NJ offices in?

Old 06-27-2006, 03:56 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,584,282 times
See my answer to the Pennsylvania Forum.

Old 06-27-2006, 07:37 PM

For your information Forrest Gump I have options lucky for me I work for a company that gives me the option of working in different states. If you think I am a waste of time then dont log in and reply to me. Mind your business and do something more productive than to talk about others without knowing the situation of that person.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:05 PM

Basically they are all over NJ. They are in central,north and south Jersey. Therefore any good information would be helpful. I am doing research for NJ and PA.

Old 06-28-2006, 05:30 PM

538 posts, read 2,457,031 times
Default So rude.

Please don't talk to me in that fashion. Haven't you noticed that so many people on these forums say: "Moving to Colorado next year" in the Colorado forum. Then look in the Montana forum: "Moving to Montana next year", by the same person. It's all BS. I suspect that this is whats happening here.

I'm entitled to my opinion. You came into an open forum asking for advice and my advice is: Figure out which state you are planning to move to and then do your research. Don't waste PA residents time asking questions if you don't plan to move there. We are flooded here and have better things to do. Also, you state that NJ has a good school system- a blanket statement. Our schools go by town and Newark is really bad and other towns get blue ribbons.

Old 06-29-2006, 06:52 AM

129 posts, read 380,440 times
Yessie, are you looking at Northern, Central or Southern NJ? Each location is pretty different. Northern is more populated, some might argue more traffic. Central gets its fair share of traffic, but there is more open space. I don't know much about Southern NJ except for the shore areas. I have lived in Northern NJ and currently am in Central.

Old 06-29-2006, 11:49 AM

60 posts, read 455,092 times
While New Jersey does have a reputation as having good schools, that varies by area. The best school districts seem to be in Union and Bergen counties, but you really have to look carefully at the towns too. If you have some towns in mind check out the New Jersey school report cards. That can help you narrow it down. Look at the numbers, because one person's idea of a good school system is not the same as another's. Unfortunately the areas with better schools also seem to be the most expensive.

I can't help you more than that because I'm kind of lost about this all too. I've gotten some great advice here though! I just need to start narrowing things down.

Old 06-29-2006, 01:01 PM

9 posts, read 28,750 times
Talking What about Morris & Sussex counties?

The "best" school systems are not in Bergen & Union Counties. They are in many counties. What about Kinnelon & Mountain Lakes, both in Morris County? and don't forget Sparta and Kittatiny, a Blue Ribbon School, in Sussex County. There are many excellent schools in NJ as well as some terrible schools. You need to check them out and balance it with the life style the town has to offer.
Let me know if I can help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey