U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-23-2009, 09:55 PM

5,973 posts, read 3,677,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
You fantasize about living in Collingswood in the shadow of Camden......murder capital of the United States ? Whats your second best fantasy........dodging bullets from drive by shootings or going to Home Depot to get lumber to board up your windows each night ??? You desperately need some new fantasies dude !!!
This is coming from someone that wants to live in Florida where people go to die. Before you bad mouth Collingswood (a town you obviously know nothing about) maybe you should do a little research on it. It is a very safe historic town. Go move to your swamp already! I hear Publix needs bag boys.

Classic Towns of Greater Philadelphia
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 10:07 PM

5,973 posts, read 3,677,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Right here in Central New Jersey is A O.K. for me.
Vacation house down in St. Maarten would be
great to. Leave the Northeast and you will see
culture, tradition and history disappear from
your everyday life. People take this state for
granted (yes I know the property taxes suck).
The choices for things to do and cool places to
go, all within 2 hours of my house is unparalled
anywhere in this country.
This is a great post. I totally agree, especially since I was stuck in Orlando Florida for a short while. Nothing compares to the Northeast! It is sad so many New Jerseyans take so much for granted in their state.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:42 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,405,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
You fantasize about living in Collingswood in the shadow of Camden......murder capital of the United States ? Whats your second best fantasy........dodging bullets from drive by shootings or going to Home Depot to get lumber to board up your windows each night ??? One of the places your sure to visit will be Lady of Lordes Hospital just down the street !!! You desperately need some new fantasies dude !!!
What's wrong with Collingswood? It's also right next to Haddonfield, should he or she be vigilant and on the look out for those wretched rich women riding around in their Jaguars talking on their cell phone and drinking their lattes to avoid being hit or run over. If all the decent amount of people left in Collingswood leave, then it will turn into an extension of Camden, thus putting pressure on the next town etc... It's not always good to run away.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:12 AM

2,059 posts, read 3,384,346 times
a lot of people want out of nj and i want into nj

i will gladly take your place

Old 03-24-2009, 07:39 AM

3,854 posts, read 6,130,487 times
Waterfront in NJ and waterfront in Florida from December to April. I'm halfway there.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:41 AM
EB2

1,919 posts, read 3,885,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
This is coming from someone that wants to live in Florida where people go to die. Before you bad mouth Collingswood (a town you obviously know nothing about) maybe you should do a little research on it. It is a very safe historic town. Go move to your swamp already! I hear Publix needs bag boys.

Classic Towns of Greater Philadelphia
I have a spot for him, here in St. Pete. All he has to do is come get it. I'll switch with him.

Oh, and Publix is on a hiring freeze

Old 03-24-2009, 04:23 PM

2,510 posts, read 1,406,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
What's wrong with Collingswood? It's also right next to Haddonfield, should he or she be vigilant and on the look out for those wretched rich women riding around in their Jaguars talking on their cell phone and drinking their lattes to avoid being hit or run over. If all the decent amount of people left in Collingswood leave, then it will turn into an extension of Camden, thus putting pressure on the next town etc... It's not always good to run away.
I lived in Collingswood a number of years ago......center of town is nice, however, its been my experience that decent towns don't raise pride of home ownership of the blighted towns next to them.....in fact its just the opposite.....the blighted towns drag down the towns next to them. Throw in the crime and yes you'd better be vigilant but not for the rich women from Haddonfield but for those from Camden willing to do commit any type of violent crime to support their drug habits.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:59 PM

23 posts, read 27,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
This is a great post. I totally agree, especially since I was stuck in Orlando Florida for a short while. Nothing compares to the Northeast! It is sad so many New Jerseyans take so much for granted in their state.
I don't take much for granted, most New Jerseyans that complain are the ones that can't afford to go into New York or even down the shore because it's soo expensive. I'd like to live in a state that doesn't have a fee attached to anything and everything that is "fun". Needless to say I spend a lot of time at home and go to the park a lot. I'm glad some of you can still afford to have fun

Old 03-24-2009, 06:03 PM

34 posts, read 91,220 times
Miami, Florida or West Palm Beach, Florida but I would still have a house in New Jersey!

Old 03-24-2009, 07:37 PM

2,510 posts, read 1,406,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets1446 View Post
I don't take much for granted, most New Jerseyans that complain are the ones that can't afford to go into New York or even down the shore because it's soo expensive. I'd like to live in a state that doesn't have a fee attached to anything and everything that is "fun". Needless to say I spend a lot of time at home and go to the park a lot. I'm glad some of you can still afford to have fun
Then you don't want to live in New Jersey as aside from a mountain of various other fees the state reaches into your wallet to extract there is also a FEE just to sit on the beach !!! Adults and children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey