U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-22-2009, 09:04 AM

7 posts, read 22,311 times
Default Park Ferry at Shoal Harbor

Hello, we're working on a move to Monmouth County from Colorado and have been searching online at various properties. We've found a few listings from a Condo development named Park Ferry at Shoal Harbor with a few units left out of 24. Does anyone know anything about this area (the price seems reasonable) or the builder, etc.? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 07:05 AM

19 posts, read 79,192 times
It's a nice area. Park Ferry at Shoal Harbor is located in Port Monmouth, which is a part of Middletown Township. The complex is close to the Raritan Bay and would give you views of New York City, depending on which unit you are in. You'd be pretty close to the ferry terminal to NYC (but not close enough to be affected by traffic or noise).

Close by is the Belford Sea Co-operative, which brings in a lot of fish to the local area. There is a plan to rehabilitate the land there an add more public-facing buildings, this is all about a quarter mile to the west of the complex: Middletown Township - Planning - Port of Belford Project (http://www.middletownnj.org/Planning/belford.asp - broken link)

The area is in a flood zone. I don't know how the insurance works with townhomes, but I did look a house next door that I took off my list because flood insurance would have pushed it out of my range. You will have some flooding problems in the area, but nothing on or around the property itself. Part of Main Street, which leads to the complex, floods during bad storms - but you'd be able to go down a different road to get in and out of the area if that happens.

I grew up in Port Monmouth and recently bought a house in Belford (one mile away). I can try to answer any other questions you may have on the area!

Good luck!

Old 03-23-2009, 10:33 AM

Default Park Ferry

Thanks Tom. We're pouring over MLS listings, so if I have more questions, I'd love to be able to contact you.

Denise

Old 03-23-2009, 11:34 AM

516 posts, read 1,154,840 times
I hope you like NJ! You should know that Middletown is HUGE and there are many different sections. There are 17 schools including 2 high schools and 3 middle schools. You might want to check out the school ratings before you decide... that is, if schools are of concern to you.

Park Ferry is right on the water with beautiful views. However, unless you plan to take the Ferry to NYC it is somewhat inconvenient compared to other areas that are closer to the Garden State Parkway (the main highway in the area).

I attached a posting of another townhouse in another section of Middletown. It's very convenient to the Garden State Parkway and the Middletown Train Station and the schools it's zoned for are excellent. Really nice area with lots of shopping and dining... and it's 10 minutes from Red Bank - a great little city.

121 Ironwood Ct, Middletown, NJ, 07748 - MLS ID#20901579 - Condo/Townhome/Row Home/Co-Op real estate - REALTOR.com®

Old 03-23-2009, 04:13 PM

Default Park Ferry

Thanks! We don't have children so schools aren't an immediate concern for us. Thanks for the other listing.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:02 AM

2 posts, read 6,070 times
Saw your posting on city-data.
I live across the street from Park Ferry (The Dunes at Shoal Harbor) - a 123 unit town home development that is waterfront (Verrazano Bridge and Manhattan at 12 o'clock). We've been here for five years and love it. Contrary to what a few posters say - we are NOT in the flood zone in this development (even if we were, premiums are about $200 per year).

There are homes here that range from 2 BR (1800 sq ft) to four bedroom (2800 sq ft). Prices range from the middles 300s to the upper 700s (waterfront). They have all the modern conveniences you'd expect. We have a large community pool and a clubhouse with fitness center.

There is direct ferry service to NYC as well as express buses and trains.

If you contact me with an email address, I'll be happy to forward some photos (I'm NOT a realtor!)

Old 05-01-2009, 04:54 AM

Default Park Ferry

Thanks Steve. We did look in the Dunes but it seems there wasn't anything available there and we're in a bit of time crunch as we're doing hotel living now. I appreciate your reply, it did look like a lovely place.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:02 AM

26 posts, read 91,140 times
Hi Denise,
Are you talking purchase or rental? I just checked the MLS and there are many units available in Shoal Harbour for purchase and 2 rentals.

Hope you can find something, it is tough to be living in a hotel for very long.

Tracy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey