Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 01:02 PM

10 posts, read 49,620 times

Advertisements

We are moving to NJ from Florida. My husband will be working near the Browns Mills/Fort Dix area.We have 3 kids(1 elementary and 2 middle school).
We would appreciate any help on good school districts in any town nearby within a 45 minute commute. We would prefer to live North of there but any advice would help. Any suggestions on choosing between, Cherry Hill (Camden county), Moorestown and Princeton?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 11:20 PM

390 posts, read 1,510,451 times
You say working near Browns Mills/Fort Dix area. Is it possible to be more specific, please? That's a big area.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:24 PM

He will be working in Browns Mills. Thanks.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:19 PM

21 posts, read 91,348 times
The Princeton area is nice you may want to look east towards Keyport ,Mattawan, Middletown
But I'm partial to the shore areas I have not lived in NJ in awhile and am moving to FL soon My sisterin law is in Princeton and it does have alot to offer

I will be buying another home in NJ and likely will be looking towards the Seaside , Barnaget area and will rent it in the summer months my intrest in NJ will be for winter activities

Old 03-23-2009, 04:21 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,053,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsmom View Post
We are moving to NJ from Florida. My husband will be working near the Browns Mills/Fort Dix area.We have 3 kids(1 elementary and 2 middle school).
We would appreciate any help on good school districts in any town nearby within a 45 minute commute. We would prefer to live North of there but any advice would help. Any suggestions on choosing between, Cherry Hill (Camden county), Moorestown and Princeton?
Princeton is going to be a bit more than your desired 45 minute commute. Moorestown and Cherry Hill would fit his commute time and they both have decent schools.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:52 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,638,966 times
Hi,

I live in Cherry Hill and my husband is retired military. We go to the base a lot. It takes me 40 minutes door to door (as long as the traffic is going nicely).

Someone mentioned Keyport. I would not go that far out.

The Ft. Dix area is tricky. There really isn't much out there.

Moorestown is lovely as is Cherry Hill, Mt. Laurel (all very good options for you)...Oh, definately ck out Cream Ridge (Upper Freehold Twp.)

Good Luck!

Shanny

Old 03-23-2009, 05:55 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,805 times
Talking Oh nooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
Hi,

I live in Cherry Hill and my husband is retired military. We go to the base a lot. It takes me 40 minutes door to door (as long as the traffic is going nicely).

Someone mentioned Keyport. I would not go that far out.

The Ft. Dix area is tricky. There really isn't much out there.

Moorestown is lovely as is Cherry Hill, Mt. Laurel (all very good options for you)...Oh, definately ck out Cream Ridge (Upper Freehold Twp.)

Good Luck!

Shanny
Oh no NOT Cream Ridge !!
I heard that we have toxic sandy well water, High Radon levels and we are on a Super sized landfill of toxic waste (was that called something silly like a Super Fund site?)
Plus all those ugly horse farms and icky rollling green hills...{{shudder}}
And don't even get me started on the Upper Freehold Twp. School system. The only downtown is ... is.... Allentown LOL !! {just feeling spunky this evening & wanted to joke}
This board is B O R I N G lately except for the budding romance on the CD Meet up thread & the thread about the drunk kid that got arrested in Hoboken.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:57 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,805 times
Default Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsmom View Post
He will be working in Browns Mills. Thanks.
Depending on your budget & price range, you may want to look into New Egypt. There are many new developments & nice homes there.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:44 PM

Thank you everyone for your advice.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:09 AM

12 posts, read 39,144 times
Google NJ School Reports, all the info you need will be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey