Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 06:18 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,860,945 times

Advertisements

you havent had pizza in 20 years? dont try cicis for the first time in 20 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 07:21 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times
dominos is inedible. we used to eat it in college though b/c they had the "30 minutes or free" delivery....we got lots of free pizza, LOL

Old 04-09-2009, 10:06 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
dominos is inedible. we used to eat it in college though b/c they had the "30 minutes or free" delivery....we got lots of free pizza, LOL
Im glad others feel the same way as I.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:12 AM

326 posts, read 1,301,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
But Im curious, those who say it sucks, I hope you also agree that Dominos sucks worse. If you cant say that then I cant take your opinons to seriously. Just the meer looks of Dominos turns my stomach.

Whatya think?
Yup Dominos also sucks...

Old 04-10-2009, 10:50 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,727,195 times
This thread is cracking me up.

I moved to NC from NJ over 2 yrs ago and The Emissary hit the nail on the head. People here think Papa John's & Cici's are real pizza.

Any "buffett" style pizza is not good quality. Its really marketed to young kids because its cheap, readily available and small slices.......but its on the level (in terms of quality) of somewhere between Cat and Dog Food.....You could substitute Domino's, Papa John's, & Donato's for Cici's...same thing

It MAY do well in certain areas actually where people are looking to feed their kids something cheap and dirty (kind of like Mickey D's dollar menu stuff).....

Just my honest .02

Old 04-10-2009, 11:37 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Any "buffett" style pizza is not good quality. Its really marketed to young kids because its cheap, readily available and small slices.......but its on the level (in terms of quality) of somewhere between Cat and Dog Food.....You could substitute Domino's, Papa John's, & Donato's for Cici's...same thing
I just asked my hubby how bad it is. He's gone to one in Badin with the granddaughter.

He said it wasn't bad, said you had to get there early when the stuff was fresh.
He said for the money it was ok since you could have all you wanted.

He may have been so happy to see GD that he didn't pay attention to anything except her being happy. lol

Old 04-11-2009, 07:00 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,727,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I just asked my hubby how bad it is. He's gone to one in Badin with the granddaughter.

He said it wasn't bad, said you had to get there early when the stuff was fresh.
He said for the money it was ok since you could have all you wanted.

He may have been so happy to see GD that he didn't pay attention to anything except her being happy. lol
You proved my point.

Cici's and the rest of them are more about quantity than quality.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:33 AM

2,210 posts, read 7,026,248 times
Chuck-e-Cheese does well here and their pizza is hardly gourmet - soft and sweet and geared towards little kids.

If the OP picks an area where people have less money, the shop has a decent play area/arcade area for kids (birthday parties would be a good source of revenue) and avoids the biggest Italian neighborhoods, he may just be able to do it. Parents of young kids are always looking for somewhere they can take them.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:31 PM

59 posts, read 183,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
It's MIND BOGGLING to me how places like Papa John's and Pizza Hut exist in NJ and NY. Seriously, who the heck goes there, and why??? With so many other better options...

Original Poster...I don't think it would be wise to open up a mediocre pizza chain in Bayonne.

Does anyone really know what anyone really wants? I remember being out in Southern California several times, and wondering why Taco Bell was so popular. San Diego is flooded with excellent local mom and pop Mexican restaurants. However, a lot of people do go into Taco Bell; which sucks beyond belief.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:46 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,561,897 times
I would not open a Cici's Pizza anywhere in New Jersey, New York City, or Philadelphia. Try Delaware, it may be a better location for this type of establishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey