Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 12:13 PM

6 posts, read 29,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
actually that's not what I meant -- I was referring to the quality/condition of the Teaneck homes in that price range...

I'll second the vote for Brinkerhoff in RP

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for misinterpretting

It seems that Teaneck is quite a crap shoot, and having found about 6-10 listings in RP in our price range, we feel that we will find something that will be suitable to our needs.

Thank you all for the feedback so far, it's very helpful, especially with not living in those areas, to hear from others that know them better than we do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 02:29 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,515,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
You don't want to buy now, or maybe ever. The $275,000 house you are looking for now will be $125,000 15 months from now as unemployment nears 30% and scattered rioting begins to be oberved in many towns. If you survive that, which is unlikely, inflation will further depress prices, and the $125,000 house you want to buy in 2010 will be available for $95,000 in 2013.

I have charts and graphs, so believe it. Sit on your hands and wait for the carnage. No need to buy since prices will fall 50-75% in the next 4-5 years.

-Lusitan
this is so funny, I was wondering why this is posted????? I am confused , this real estate guy marc is a panic. Funny!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 04:14 PM

4,178 posts, read 5,057,468 times
it's called sarcasm

Old 04-08-2009, 12:49 PM

2 posts, read 2,144 times
Smile Ridgefield Park/Teaneck?

I've been living in Teaneck for the past two years and it's a wonderful town despite what you might hear which is usually from people that don't live in the town. I'm Hispanic and live on a block predominently Jewish with some Italians and Hispanics and everyone gets along quite well. The Teaneck side closest to Bergenfield is predominently Black but it's not bad--there are really some nice streets on that side of town as well. It's also true what the gentleman said about not finding anything desireable in Teaneck in your price range. Teaneck taxes are also quite high. And by the way, Teaneck High School ranked 121 in the Top NJ Schools which is quite good.
Hope this was helpful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: