U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-08-2009, 02:58 PM

61 posts, read 264,155 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Just like to inquire about a building complex at 650 Park Avenue in East Orange, NJ.

-Is this area a safe neighborhood?
-Is it diverse?
-Is it close to transporation to NYC?
-Are there stores, parks nearby - within walking distance?

Any information provided is greatly appreciated - thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 03:01 PM

1,447 posts, read 3,320,444 times
What do you mean by diverse?

Old 04-08-2009, 03:07 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,219,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericka178 View Post

-Is it diverse?

no, East orange in general is poor and full of crime. its about 95% blacks. it would be an easy commute to NYC tho

Old 04-08-2009, 03:08 PM

34 posts, read 90,083 times
-Is this area a safe neighborhood? No
-Is it diverse? No
-Is it close to transporation to NYC? Yes
-Are there stores, parks nearby - within walking distance? No

East Orange is a ghetto and over run with gangs!

East Orange was beautiful years ago and had major department stores Macy's, Lord & Taylor, etc.... that's what my parents told me and I looked into it and it's true.

It used to be the cleanest city in the nation and now it's become a gutter and true example of "white flight." After the riots 1967 places like Newark and East Orange went down hill fast.

You might want to try towns like Maplewood and South Orange if thats the area you want to stay in.

Here's an example of what the town used to be an old mansion they turned into something else...........

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ea/Eastorangemansion.jpg/300px- (broken link)

Last edited by D3000; 04-08-2009 at 03:17 PM..

Old 05-28-2009, 10:57 AM

8 posts, read 34,971 times
Hey Ericka178,

A lot of the city has been preserved after the riots of newark till modern day. I would definitely check it out for yourself and you will be greatly surprised. Most of what people are saying on this forum represents the past East Orange. Check out Harrison Park Towers, The View on the Park, or any rental property in the Presidential Section of East Orange.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:37 AM

11 posts, read 49,837 times
What gets me is that none of these "light skinned" folks live in EO, never been to EO, don't have any associations in EO and would be scared shytless if their cars broke down in broad daylight, bunch of punks! I have lived in EO for 20 yrs and SURPISE - I have never been mugged, raped, my apt has never been broken into, I don't have loud tenants and I live in a decent neighborhood with decent folks and i walk often even at 10:00p.m. ooooweee, yeah I know "light skinned" people that really comes as a surprise to you. Read the paper - EO had the biggest drop in crime in that nation. Keep your eyes on that pedophile next door that seems "like such a nice guy".

Old 06-01-2009, 02:18 PM

821 posts, read 1,228,932 times
I completely understand that every town has its bad and good parts but honestly I really dont see that in EO... Just to give an example My friend lives in EO and I dropped her off at night and was waiting for her to get into her building like I do with anyone no matter who or where I drop them off... and I get stared at and a gun flashed to me... p.s. in case you didnt figure it out by my name I'm a women... and yes I had my kids with me... so safe maybe for the thug with the gun for me and my kids not so much.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:39 PM

17,606 posts, read 14,176,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wassup View Post
I have lived in EO for 20 yrs and SURPISE - I have never been mugged, raped, my apt has never been broken into.
during that 20 years have you ever mugged or raped anybody or broken into someone's apartment?

Old 06-01-2009, 03:25 PM

588 posts, read 1,290,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
during that 20 years have you ever mugged or raped anybody or broken into someone's apartment?
lol

Old 06-25-2009, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 16,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericka178 View Post
Hello,

Just like to inquire about a building complex at 650 Park Avenue in East Orange, NJ.

-Is it diverse?

Any information provided is greatly appreciated - thanks!
Sorry for the late reply, but I am a resident of East Orange, NJ (Presidential Section) and the location that you are requesting is a safe area. Yes it is diverse and you have easy access to NYC! The Brick Church Train Station is right down the street. If you are speaking about the Grand I believe they provide shuttle services to the train station... Also there are plenty of stores in walking distance... Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey