Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 08:27 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
True......but shoudn't they only entertain you on the ice instead of the shameful side of life ?

First off, I said I was using Lindbergh as a hypothetical. I know he didn't kill anyone other than himself. It wasn't a matter of right or wrong, it was going by the hypothetical you were using in your other post. You missed my point completely: Had Pelle lived and the passengers died, would you have still cheered him on in a game seven of the Stanley Cup final?

Yes, you would have. Don't say you wouldn't, because you know you would have.

Second, don't you think people like Brodeur and others have more important people to answer to other than a paying fan? I have far more important things to concern myself with in my own life other than some gossipy "who's cheating on who". In my grand scheme of things, entertain me, give me your 100% either on the ice, a baseball field, or a concert stage. That's what I'm in this for, not whether you're tapping your wife's sister.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 08:43 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,974,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
First off, I said I was using Lindbergh as a hypothetical. I know he didn't kill anyone other than himself. It wasn't a matter of right or wrong, it was going by the hypothetical you were using in your other post. You missed my point completely: Had Pelle lived and the passengers died, would you have still cheered him on in a game seven of the Stanley Cup final?

Yes, you would have. Don't say you wouldn't, because you know you would have.

Second, don't you think people like Brodeur and others have more important people to answer to other than a paying fan? I have far more important things to concern myself with in my own life other than some gossipy "who's cheating on who". In my grand scheme of things, entertain me, give me your 100% either on the ice, a baseball field, or a concert stage. That's what I'm in this for, not whether you're tapping your wife's sister.
Don't try to diminish his off ice behavior by claiming it to be unimportant.....while I would surely want my team to win less than honorable behavior of a specific individual would make me lose respect for that individual.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:07 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times
Quote:
Don't try to diminish his off ice behavior by claiming it to be unimportant.....while I would surely want my team to win less than honorable behavior of a specific individual would make me lose respect for that individual.
Oh please, they are adults. As long as they are not doing anything illegal all I care is about how they play the sport.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:29 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,958,530 times
Flyersfan is constantly the most miserable & negative contributor of the NJ forum.
It's not our fault you are unhappy.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:36 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:

But you would've cheered for Lindbergh in a game 7 for the stanley cup under those circumstances. Just validate that statement with a "yes" or "no". Continue on with your reasoning in another paragraph but just answer that statement with a simple "yes" or "no".

Old 04-28-2009, 08:58 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,930,743 times
LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 09:06 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJphillyfan View Post
Funny you make a sarcastic comment about Flyers fans and then bring up Pelle Lindbergh a few posts later. I seem to recall Devils fans chanting "drive a Porsche" back in the 80's. Classy indeed.
Almost as classy as when Michael Irvin was pelted with garbage as he left Veteran's Stadium on a stretcher, flat on his back, en route to an ambulance. I remember that one like it was yesterday.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Almost as classy as when Michael Irvin was pelted with garbage as he left Veteran's Stadium on a stretcher, flat on his back, en route to an ambulance. I remember that one like it was yesterday.

Or Clinton Portis' mom being facing threats of having batteries thrown at her from some way too rambunctious fans.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:28 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times
Quote:
Then we will have to agree to disagree......a flaw is something minor.....cheating on your wife is not a flaw......it demonstrates you can't be trusted and you have little or no morals....something that can't be tolerated in a "hero" ? We accept to many "flaws" from our sports heros today......suppose he beat his wife rather than cheating.......is it still his business and you would continue to cheer for him ?

Realistically speaking, cheating on one's wife is a flaw of the human species.

It is part of being human. It is human nature for men to be attracted to several people, through out their lives; as it is for women.

Not saying I agree with it. Not saying I condone it. But it is what it is.

Human beings are sexual creatures. Our sexuality is embedded in our DNA and in our behavioral instincts. Of course all individual human beings have varying levels of sexual instinct, sexual interest and libido.

It is not my intention to defend the act of cheating, but I do understand that there are reasons people do cheat; just as there are reasons people do not cheat.

And it's not for me to judge who is right or wrong in doing so.

Some times people become unhappy with where they are and they see no other viable option. Sometimes wives/husbands are no longer interested in sexual activity and their partners are very much interested.

Some people are much more passionate and thrive on the physical, intimate connection of sexuality. While others, perceive sexuality as an inconvienance and annoyance. Or as a duty born out of the commitment of marriage.

Some times the fire that once burned so hot, only manages a mild spark......every once in a great while. And that ultimately is not enough for one of the people in the realtionship. Some times, both.

Some times women use sexuality (and sex) to control and manipulate their husbands, very much like a dog owner handing out a rare, special treat for a task/trick well done. That never goes over well with men. Any woman who plays that game with their man, can expect their man to go about finding someone else who will be more accommodating and empathetic. Bank on it.

And then you have men who try to manipulate their women, by dangling rewards for sexual favors. Again, this won't go over well with most women.

Eventually, they'll be looking to stick it you. Stick it to you real hard.

I'm not going to pretend I know why Marty did what he did. Maybe it was all ego. Maybe it wasn't. Maybe he simply found a connection with the sister-in-law, that he never had with his wife. Maybe they were more sexually compatible than he was with his wife. Who knows.

I believe sexuality is a natural part of us.

I have a real problem with physical and emotional abuse. That's where I believe the most serious problems exist. I believe that's a much more significant and urgent issue in society.

I've never understood how someone who allegedly loves someone else, can use physical violence and emotional abuse as a means of control and an illustration of so-called power.

And while human beings have a behavorial history of violence and abuse, I believe it to be much more an unnatural and much more damaging part of our human nature; than our sexual behavior.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:01 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,930,743 times
LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey