Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 01:22 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Where are you staying? I was at the Westin Regina in Cabo about 7 yrs ago. LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED it. One of my best vacations ever.
Rui Santa Fe
All inclusive
Non stop air on Continental
$1000 per person

I hear you about Jersey Shore prices, you can take the whole family to Mexico or somewhere like it where kids eat & stay free for a hell of a lot cheaper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 01:23 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
My personal opinion is OC, MD is it's not worth the time and price. I wasn't impressed. The cost is NJ Shore equivalent. Go to Wildwood and save the 4 hrs driving.

I've heard some speak highly of Rehoboth Beach, DE though - I've never been.

Have you looked into Smuggler's Notch in VT? Another place I haven't been, but have heard good things, they may be running specials. Also look into Lake Winnepausaukee in NH - there's Weirs Beach for the kids.
I've heard the same from many who have vacationed there

Old 04-14-2009, 01:23 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Holland Michigan: View Holland on Video! - Home

My aunt and uncle have vacationed here before many times. From what I am told the west coast of Michigan is incredibly underrated. We are considering meeting some family half way either this summer or next. From NJ, you can drive there in about 15 hours.

Most New Jerseyans I think often think 'linearly' when it comes to vacations, that is, from Florida to Maine, north to south. There are plenty of places west as well!
I've only been as far west as Grand Rapids, but would like to get to the lake someday...also go up to the UP.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:28 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,950,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Rui Santa Fe
All inclusive
Non stop air on Continental
$1000 per person

I hear you about Jersey Shore prices, you can take the whole family to Mexico or somewhere like it where kids eat & stay free for a hell of a lot cheaper
Two years ago we really wanted to go to Cape May. I priced around. I then called my travel agent and booked 2 adults & 2 kids on a flight to Miami Beach, stayed at the Loews Hotel (very nice!) and treated the hubby to renting the convertible Mustang for the week..... ALL THAT was $300 cheaper than ANY price I had gotten at the Shore. AND the beaches are beautiful and free......

Old 04-14-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I've only been as far west as Grand Rapids, but would like to get to the lake someday...also go up to the UP.
OK when I took environmental science in college there was this GORGEOUS picture of a tall mountain surrounded by huge evergreens and a stunning lake in the forefront.... I think it was in Oregon...and I've ALWAYS wanted to see that part of the country. DH is not so adventurous though.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:44 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
Quote:
OK when I took environmental science in college there was this GORGEOUS picture of a tall mountain surrounded by huge evergreens and a stunning lake in the forefront.... I think it was in Oregon...and I've ALWAYS wanted to see that part of the country. DH is not so adventurous though.
I just returned from Oregon yesterday! If that picture was in fact taken there, you might have been describing Crater Lake:

Old 04-14-2009, 02:22 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,525,037 times
Hi ex Nj girl here. We moved to Atlanta from the Northeast a few years back. We now go to the panhandle beaches of FL (Santa Rosa, Watercolors, etc). The gulf is incredibly blue like the Carribean. In the towns mentioned there is a bike path along the beach and for beachy party fun (for older kids) there is the city of Destin. The best thing about it all (besides the crystal clear water) is the price. We rented a beautiful house 4 BR 3BA in a quaint village about 3 blocks to the beach with two pools for about $1200 a week. We stayed in Santa Rosa which is low key, has shops and restaurants you can walk to and it's kind of artsy. Lots of people have golf cars and cruise around. Watercolors is really nice, more expensive but you park you car and never use it again. Everything is walking distance. The beaches are amazing.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:37 PM

1,548 posts, read 4,315,078 times
Default The Finger Lakes and Western New York

Western New York is simply gorgeous ... and inexpensive. Try the Finger Lakes and points westward. Lots of old-style family resorts in the area.

We like swimming and hiking. The state parks are wonderful for this. A season pass is around $60.

Depending on where in NJ you're starting from, it's only a 4 to 7 hour drive.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:21 PM

Thanks for the advise - Mike - that's the place! BEAUTIFUL! I must go!

Old 04-14-2009, 04:47 PM
ira

657 posts, read 3,931,035 times
Quote:
I need a vacation BAD.

I want someplace relaxing .... yet not boring.
Some place nice.... yet not outrageously expensive.

Driving is good, flying is ok too.... Adults & Kids.... nice family place.

Ideas?
Are you looking to go in the summer? If not, cruise might be a good idea. You can even do 2 days at Disney and then take a cruise from Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey