U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 02:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,323 times

Advertisements

Hi... my family is planning to relocate to US for first time and my 9 year old son require special support school. He is currently in a special support school in Bangalore, India. If some one can help us giving required information on how to start the process of getting an admission to the school with special support it will be greatly appreciated. My second kid, she is 7 years to be put in a regular school. Since we are new to the place and the timing is mid way to the academic year, request you to share whatever information that could be helpful. Thanks in advance. - AMEV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 06:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,185 times
Hello. I understand that the Lawrence Public Schools have some of the very best programs in the entire country for children with special needs. The area also has some very nice and affordable housing.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 967 times
Default Parent feedback on the "Academy" of High School North

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPlaceLikeHome09 View Post
West Windsor does have a program for autistic children, they also have something called "The Academy" which is like an alternative track for students struggling with classes due to depression, anxiety, etc. It is a wonderful program. I know they are involved with autistic services within the school, definitely call and ask for more information.
Hi,

Does anyone have any information as a parent to a student who attended the West Windsor High School North Academy (for what the district calls "behavioral disabilities")?

We have a 15 year old with no behavioral disabilities, but with high functioning Asperger's syndrome, and were wondering what in-district program would be best for him.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Mom2Asperger

Old 08-02-2014, 09:51 AM

2 posts, read 1,280 times
I went to the Academy iN West Windsor Plainsboro High SChool North and I too have aspergers. I DO NOT reccomend it. It is teh worst part of the school. the people who administer it Donna Ritz and Debra Radice do not see students as human beings all they see us is as horrible disabled people.

They are careerist to the extreme. All they can see are their own professional goals and they do not see the student's goals or only see it how it relates to their goals.

If you are moving to the West Windsor Plainsboro area I recommend applying to Princeton Day School. Yes it costs but it is a much better more rigorous program. Their number is 609-924-6700

Old 08-03-2014, 08:52 AM

247 posts, read 369,781 times
My son has high functioning autism, and we are very happy in the Manalapan school district.

Old Today, 02:57 PM

1 posts
Dear Team, My 11 yr son is High Functioning and the current school recommends, an out of district school program,as he is very low in his communication(language skills)
Meanwhile we plan to move to west windsor plainsboro,NJ for special programs supporting autistic child and thinking the school is a blue ribbon school.What are your suggestions. Please suggest fast.I am looking for onlu public schools which can support me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: