Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 09:47 AM

10 posts, read 46,077 times

Advertisements

Strapani, i've always enjoyed your topics/comments about the italian american individual/communities in NJ, and it's pretty cool to see someone not far from my age (im 21 soon to be 22) trying to take on some of these posters ... a few of them are quite stubborn !

P.S. It seems mostly to be a white american thing to disconsider 'ethnicity' or 'culture' as unimportant, seeing as any Puerto Rican out there would not give up their privilege to show off their culture. That is why you could say that a very high rate of Puerto Ricans have PR flags on their cars, logos, shirts etc..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 09:49 AM

825 posts, read 3,155,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarPuc View Post
[/b]

What was he busted for? I read some of strapani's posts and he's all over the place for a 17 yo. Or is he 17?

He mentions NYC, Bridgewater, Summit, Mendham, Easton where he lived and has comments about a lot of areas/towns in NJ. Very knowledgeable for a 17 yo. As far as age, this is 1 thread about cigarettes:

Quote from STrapani: "hand roll your own. that's what me and my friends did back in high school when we were too young too buy them".

If you're going to the prom as you say, you must still be in high school, right?

Great opinions for a 17 yo, way to go, strapani!!! You remind me of my ex boyfriend.
this is getting a bit weird. I am a shady character, I pick and choose when I want to disclose my age. Sometimes people don't respond well when I reveal my age, so I make shady comes like "when I was growing up" or "back when I was in high school" when I want to say something that may have only happened about a year ago, but I fear that people will get angry and think I'm a stupid teenager. I recall in when thread I said something about a kid that I grew up with and how he's an idiot and thought Newton was a ghetto. Technically I'm still growing up with that kid. He's in my grade. and yeah, and in my earlier high school days I did some idiotic things, like hand roll cigarettes.

you can believe what you want. I really don't care, because I know what the truth is.

not to brag or sound like a jerk or anything, I dare say though that I am quite mature and knowledgeable for my age. I do get around a lot. And plus I am interesting in stuff that most people my age aren't, like my heritage and different places around the world, and also within my very own home-state, the Garden State. this forum actually provides a lot of useful information and I encounter tons of knowledgeable people on here everyday. prior until I started posting on here, I thought Belleville was still an old school Italian community. and it's really not as strong as it once was. If it wasn't for this forum, I don't think I would've actually realized that. and I learn about other towns as well. Another example is I thought that the North Hudson area (North Bergen, Union City, Weehawken, West New York) was a bad area. Turns out the crime rate there is well below the state average. There's a lot I don't know and I figure it all out from posts on here.

and also I am knowledgable about a lot of different areas. I was born in Summit and my parents worked there for a while, so I would go there very often. I lived in Bridgewater until I was 12, then I moved to Mendham which is my current location. and my entire dad's side of the family is from Easton. that's how I know about those different areas.

Last edited by STrapani1105; 04-19-2009 at 09:59 AM..

Old 04-19-2009, 01:14 PM

21 posts, read 62,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105 View Post
no, I really am 17. please show me two posts on here where I contradict myself,
another poster called me rude and immature, they seemed to have neglected to mention you. you're an incredibly rude person. you may not think you're immature, but you act like a lot of kids I go to high school with. this thread has become high school except it's a 17 year old versus like 5 middle-aged men who are full of themselves just because there some kind of a Real Estate Agent or whatever the hell you do. just because your a professional and highly educated, you think the next Jesus or something. I don't know, but you people think you're hot **** and your really not.

I deal with this crap everyday in real life. I don't have to deal with it on here. I'm going to do the right thing and retire this thread. PEACE.

You write (post) really well on here, but, you do contradict yourself as mentioned. How can you get so hostile about this thread that you started when judging from your other posts, you had nothing to do with Newark?
To look at Newark today on Google and say what it was like before is a mystery.

STrapani1105: quote "yeah, my parents aren't native New Jersyans. so i missed out on all of these for... mmm... i'd say the first 12 years of my life. i learned all the jersey'isms from my friends".

Originally Posted by STrapani1105
yeah, my parents aren't native New Jersyans. so i missed out on all of these for... mmm... i'd say the first 12 years of my life. i learned all the jersey'isms from my friends. yet some of them we're kinda natural to me. like i always said down the shore, and i've always loved taylor ham and eggs. its a natural breakfast staple for me. and also when people asked me what highway exit i lived off of, i always thought it was a serious question.

So you didn't live in NJ for the first 12 yrs of your life, but you say you were born in Summit and grew up in Bridgewater???

Quote: "i was born in Summit. It's a very nice and safe area, and it's within a good commute to the city. you can take the train directly into Penn Station".

From what I read of your posts, it seems your parents came from NYC and moved to Easton, where does Newark come in to create a thread like this? I could be wrong and confused, but so are your posts if others were to read them!

Old 04-19-2009, 01:26 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,923,524 times
Oh, you're not confused.

"You've always loved taylor ham and eggs? It's always been a natural staple for me?"

How did I miss that gem. God you are in rare form on this thread.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:10 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,939,549 times
Now I am confused, here is another one of your posts:

STrapani1105: "because I've only lived in Bridgewater and Mendham. Bridgewater is huge and greatly diverse and Mendham is a small waspy town in Morris County. and also I am the first generation of my family to be born in Jersey. My parents and grandparents were all born and grew up out of state."

With these statements, how can you justify starting a thread about Newark and 7th Ave with regard to your roots and parents being from there? It seems your parents were from out of state. Another thread, you were born in Summit contradicts above post.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:24 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,923,524 times
I have admired the writing talent for years but never really appreciated the wit of this author until now.
Why did it take this thread to awaken me?
Must have been the part about the PR flag pride bikini.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:41 PM

95 posts, read 520,522 times
Wow this thread has gotten really silly.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:07 PM

11,337 posts, read 10,999,283 times
Oh well, we shouldn't all pile on. He's just a kid who wants to look smart. We've all been there...

-Marc

Old 04-19-2009, 07:21 PM

691 posts, read 1,424,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105 View Post
^actually you know what, I retract my offer. As much as I would love to kick your ass, I don't know who the **** you are. How do I know you wouldn't bring a gun and cap me? Your telling me I'm a sketchy person posing as a child on the internet, but that's making me wonder what's really going down on your side.

Forget it, cyntmac, you're a scary and rude person. Go screw.
I'd laugh my ass off if you went to go meet cyntmac, and he ended up being twice your size. Or, if he was really a woman, and you just threatened him assuming he was a man. Just saying.

Grow some thicker skin already.

Last edited by RamCharger1985; 04-19-2009 at 07:30 PM..

Old 04-19-2009, 07:39 PM

11,337 posts, read 10,999,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoneil View Post
Wow this thread has gotten really silly.
Yes but we're still nowhere near observing Godwin's Law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey