Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 01:22 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,889,079 times

Advertisements

I used to work at BJ's in a former life. (I have to say that I also think "paying" for a membership still makes me a little crazy.) But they were a decent company to work for.

BJ's does have a better selection and they tend to sell multi packs of smaller sizes vs. the one giant size that Costco carries and BJ's does accept coupons. They also send you store coupons which I always use to buy paper towels, advil, tylenol and detergent. Costco also sends these coupons but I don't use them as frequently.

That said, I have always liked Costco's meats and prepared foods better until we got food poisoning from some bad shrimp cocktail I bought for a small party a couple of months ago.

I belong to both. Each offers 2 cards with the price of the membership. I pay for BJ's and my brother pays for Costco so we have cards to both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 07:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,675 times
Can you please tell me when your 36 ct eggs went from large to extra large ?

Old 10-24-2011, 09:36 AM

1,302 posts, read 4,564,596 times
I have memberships to both BJ's and Costco. I prefer each for certain items. BJ's is generally cheaper on most things and they have better hours. Costco seems to have better quality products and by far the best return policy in all of retail. I also get gas at Costco since the one near me has gas and the BJ's that has gas is far from me. Also, Costco employees tend to be in better spirits and are a lot better at customer service. They both also sell items that you can't find in the local grocery stores. I was in Sam's club a few times and I never really liked it there. I just got a bad vibe from it.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:31 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,529,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalim2008 View Post
funny how on the front page the moron who made the site is complaining because he wasnt able to use someone else's membership card. as if costco is responsible for his 2 hours shopping when he knowingly used someone else's card.

anyway, costco is my favorite of the three. from my experience id rank them costco, sams then bj's. i dont have anything bad to say about any of them though.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:19 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,952,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARLENE LIANTONIO View Post
Can you please tell me when your 36 ct eggs went from large to extra large ?
Really, how does this happen? Someone finds a 2.5 year-old thread and thinks this is the source of info on why the 36 ct eggs grew to extra large? And went to the trouble of establishing a username?

Old 10-24-2011, 03:04 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,937,035 times
I posted earlier and wanted to add that I seem to think Costco (my favorite) is going to healthier foods also. They can cater to vegan, low salt/sugar and natural products, non GMO. I bought quinoa at Costco, I believe it was a 4 lb bag for about $9. Great price!!! I see they are carrying dried fruits and organic stuff too.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:28 PM

3,511 posts, read 7,752,540 times
I'm Partial to Sam's club myself, There Tire center alone is worth the membership in my opinion. Tried BJ's, but the one near me, there tire center is a joke. CostCo is a good 20 minutes farther drive for me, then the other two clubs, so it's really not worth the extra drive time to me. They all have something unique about them, BJ's has a Greeting Card section, and Sam's doesn't. CostCo jewelry section is larger. I however don't think it worth it to have a membership to all three, just pick one.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:42 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,117,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
I posted earlier and wanted to add that I seem to think Costco (my favorite) is going to healthier foods also. They can cater to vegan, low salt/sugar and natural products, non GMO. I bought quinoa at Costco, I believe it was a 4 lb bag for about $9. Great price!!! I see they are carrying dried fruits and organic stuff too.
I've noticed this too and got the quinoa as well. Tasty stuff when cooked in some broth. Much healthier and more filling than rice.

Costco seems to have better quality stuff and the people who shop there are also different. I went to BJs at E. Rutherford and it's such a zoo and the store personnel are RUDE!

The Costco at Clifton is horrible (whoever designed the parking lot should be shot) but the one in Wayne is great because it's less chaotic, quality of stuff is better and there's alcohol! My husband loves the prices for some of the beer like YuengLing and stocks up whenever he goes there.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:08 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,735,714 times
I live in the bermuda triangle of big box stores. I have a Costco, Sams, and BJs all within 1/4 mile of my house.

Ive tried all three and I like BJs the best because they tend to have a better selection and I can run in just to grab a gallon of milk and get back out as fast or faster than the local shoprite/pathmark/stop-n-shop.

The lines at my costco make any other benefit null and void. Having said that, I use the one close to my office to run into to grab a giant hotdog or chicken bake for lunch sometimes.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:21 PM

328 posts, read 1,046,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Really, how does this happen? Someone finds a 2.5 year-old thread and thinks this is the source of info on why the 36 ct eggs grew to extra large? And went to the trouble of establishing a username?
yeah, that. I don't get why people call up these ancient threads for such insane reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey