Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 11:23 AM

4,177 posts, read 5,056,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghuber View Post
bahahaha that's all i have to say. once again this does not apply to nj.
indeed.

in the super-bears' natural habitat, housing price news only applies to NJ when its dropping
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 11:35 AM

2,771 posts, read 6,273,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
Economists are now saying prices bottomed in November 2008.

U.S. stocks reverse higher on home price news - MarketWatch
economists in question obviously don't trade, because the markets are expressing a somewhat different view.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:52 AM

329 posts, read 1,528,700 times
don't believe everything the realtor will tell you...they obviously will tell you something else to keep themselves in business.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:05 PM

612 posts, read 1,010,702 times
if you believe Federal Statistics, then by all means take this as positive news. After all, Federal Statistics were telling us that we weren't in recession last year, they were telling us that inflation was 2% while food and oil prices doubled. Besides, the index you referenced is restricted to homes financed under Fannie/Freddie. Not a broad measure of home prices and certainly not an indicator at all of home prices in nicer areas of NJ, which usually cannot be financed by Fannie/Freddie either. If you want an indicator, I would suggest you simply look at median home price sales and sales volume the past 6 months in whatever area you are looking for...because as we all know, real estate is local...or at least that's what the NAR is telling me.

I've yet to see any positive data for any town in NJ but I'm willing to listen if you guys have any for me? What towns are doing well and do you have the evidence to back it up?

Old 04-22-2009, 12:18 PM

I remember how that liberal retard like Frankie Bernie was saying everything is ok with Freddie Mae and Mac. He was caught with his foot in his mouth.

I don't look at last six months...but since January 2009.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:32 PM

46 posts, read 35,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoakman View Post
I've yet to see any positive data for any town in NJ but I'm willing to listen if you guys have any for me? What towns are doing well and do you have the evidence to back it up?
Marc P. has posted this sort of info numerous times this year...

Old 04-22-2009, 01:20 PM

if you get two consecutive dropping curves -- one much lower than the first one -- the median home price will continue to fall ..and vice versa.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:26 PM

46 posts, read 35,186 times
Assuming "no government interference" is such a massive, and incorrect assumption that it is not worth discussing.

What is worth discussing is how to profit (based on what the government is bound to do). The way I see it, they have 2 basic options:

1) Massively reduce government spending, then spend the next many years pulling this country out of debt, and along the way act fiscally responsible in every area.

2) Inflate the hell out of everything and make the big monster bigger. Essentially continue to push the issues into the future.

I am betting on #2. To me that means I use my dollars now to steal every hard asset I can. Apartments, Land, Single Family homes, Gold, Food. Anything that I believe will be more valuable in the future.

I would love to hear other views on this.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:31 PM

4,177 posts, read 5,056,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyND View Post
that means I use my dollars now to steal every hard asset I can. Apartments, Land, Single Family homes, Gold, Food.
oh great, you're one of those

sigh... I had such high hopes for you grasshoppa

Old 04-22-2009, 01:35 PM

tiny -- yes ...don't invest everything in stocks ..there are retards who invested 80 percent of their retirement money in stocks and cannot retire atleast for another 10 more years as their stocks portfolio took a beating. poor chaps , can't blame them... they believed the politicians like Barnie or were just ignorant.

diversify as much...

Last edited by lets_hope_for_newbruns; 04-22-2009 at 02:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey