Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2009, 04:03 PM

39 posts, read 150,947 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry to say this, but I have a feeling this might be one of the worst summers here in New Jersey when it comes to crime. Combine a recession that especially hits inner cities with reductions in police forces and budgets for recreational activities, along with a predicted increase in gang activity for varying reasons (most commonly for protection) and probable scorching weather and I think cities like Newark, Irvington, New Brunswick, Jersey City, Plainfield, and Trenton will be having alot of problems particularly with juvenile crimes. What's your opinion on this? I think we'll be seeing alot more of Cory Booker on the news in the summer as he tries to explain his plans to decrease the crime spree.

Sadly, this will correlate with an increase in fear of urban cities from suburbans. Of course, this hasn't happened yet, but I just feel it coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 04:07 PM

Oh, and almost forgot: I predict there will defiantly be a blackout or two somewhere in the Metro area this summer. 2003 all over again :-(

Old 04-26-2009, 06:56 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,963,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDBrophy View Post
I'm sorry to say this, but I have a feeling this might be one of the worst summers here in New Jersey when it comes to crime. Combine a recession that especially hits inner cities with reductions in police forces and budgets for recreational activities, along with a predicted increase in gang activity for varying reasons (most commonly for protection) and probable scorching weather and I think cities like Newark, Irvington, New Brunswick, Jersey City, Plainfield, and Trenton will be having alot of problems particularly with juvenile crimes. What's your opinion on this? I think we'll be seeing alot more of Cory Booker on the news in the summer as he tries to explain his plans to decrease the crime spree.

Sadly, this will correlate with an increase in fear of urban cities from suburbans. Of course, this hasn't happened yet, but I just feel it coming.

Who are you to "predict" this......the second coming of Nostradamus ?

Old 04-26-2009, 08:03 PM

It's pretty much based on what usually happens during recession times, with everyone out of school, alot of residential buildings with no A/C, and gang activity going up (which it has recently). I hope it doesn't happen, God knows I don't. However, I think it's going to be like that this summer. Homicides will go up. Hey, if I was the second coming Nostradomus I'd be betting on sports games right now haha.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:08 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,963,963 times
Quote:
It's pretty much based on what usually happens during recession times, with everyone out of school, alot of residential buildings with no A/C, and gang activity going up (which it has recently). I hope it doesn't happen, God knows I don't. However, I think it's going to be like that this summer. Homicides will go up. Hey, if I was the second coming Nostradomus I'd be betting on sports games right now haha.
Its funny that you should note the gangs, crime and homicides....theres at least two other threads on here now complaining that the public in general is overly worried about break-ins......we're paranoid !!!!

Old 04-27-2009, 04:46 PM

392 posts, read 840,853 times
Quote:
My stimulus/crime prevention plan would put an A/C in every window.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:46 PM

593 posts, read 1,657,430 times
I doubt it. It's going to be a bad summer in terms of the heat though. We're going to have 100 degree weather until September.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:11 PM

38 posts, read 84,176 times
Why don't we all just jump off a cliff.

Try a hobby, too much time on your hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey