U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 12:17 PM

1,972 posts, read 4,755,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
the worst is sitting and waiting. I ,mean I hate waiting for possible bad news. I am type just get it over with not sit and worry for nothing.

Its like anticipating a root canal.

I hope its not you, but I can afford your kettle one!! Let us know. And remember its not cancer!!!
Marilyn,

I have some news for you.......I'll tell you about it tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 12:21 PM

7,913 posts, read 16,470,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
exactly, its not my fault. its a combination of right wing talk radio and foxnews that has made me so heartless.

eeep should be happy. clearly, private businesses are suffering so the government only needs to add more taxes and fees to finish the job. then we can live in a nice communist society. a workers paradise.
Captain,

There is a place to talk politics, but I don't think it's in this thread. This thread was created because someone may very well lose their job. While politics may be related to the matter at large, I don't think this is the time to interject it into the discourse of a very real condition dealing with perspective loss of employment. Try putting yourself in Elle's shoes. (I wouldn't want to walk two feet in them right now, to be sure) She probably has a mortgage, and children to support. While I might not agree with her politically, she is a decent, good person. Try to show some compassion for her.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:25 PM

1,542 posts, read 2,893,797 times
Recession hitting men harder

Old 04-28-2009, 12:26 PM

5,340 posts, read 12,185,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
We are all on the same boat..sailing for the unknown land. I feel your pain.

My wife got laid off 3 months ago and so far no luck at all.

Thanks to housing bubble that landed us in housing crash (oh no..soft landing) that landed in financial crisis that landed in global meltdown that landed in lending freeze that landed in business downsizing that landed in layoffs.

Thanks to housing bubble.

The housing bubble was so bad for so many reasons, you are not kidding.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:27 PM

5,618 posts, read 13,166,058 times
Quote:
it can be cause if he can find something. how is your attendance? coming in late often?
what the hell??? Stop the crep! Please, I thought you had more class to just do this crep on political posts, come on man!

Old 04-28-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Marilyn,

I have some news for you.......I'll tell you about it tomorrow.
darn, I have some news for you two, I give great _ _ _ _!

Old 04-28-2009, 12:28 PM

21,638 posts, read 27,549,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Captain,

There is a place to talk politics, but I don't think it's in this thread. This thread was created because someone may very well lose their job. While politics may be related to the matter at large, I don't think this is the time to interject it into the discourse of a very real condition dealing with perspective loss of employment. Try putting yourself in Elle's shoes. (I wouldn't want to walk two feet in them right now, to be sure) She probably has a mortgage, and children to support. While I might not agree with her politically, she is a decent, good person. Try to show some compassion for her.
i find her attitude regarding politics particularly obnoxious. she makes snide remarks hinting that it would be good to kill those who are right wingers. she insults the intelligence of those who disagree with her (and i havent even had much interaction with her). so for most people who disagree with me poltically i would hold my tongue politically and feel bad for their situation, but for her there is some satisfaction here.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
You want me to call Telemundo & Univision so we can start protesting outside their offices? Perhaps a Cuban American Coalition for unfair layoffs? I'm sure they won't like that type of attention <evil grin>
Well, considering that the owner of the company is a "Latino" and I'm not (even if I'm married to one) I think that would be a hard sell. LOL

Old 04-28-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
i find her attitude regarding politics particularly obnoxious. she makes snide remarks hinting that it would be good to kill those who are right wingers. she insults the intelligence of those who disagree with her (and i havent even had much interaction with her). so for most people who disagree with me poltically i would hold my tongue politically and feel bad for their situation, but for her there is some satisfaction here.
wow, I am a conservative but who the hell cares what people say. This is the INTERNET, your suppost to get politically charged!

Old 04-28-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
exactly, its not my fault. its a combination of right wing talk radio and foxnews that has made me so heartless.

eeep should be happy. clearly, private businesses are suffering so the government only needs to add more taxes and fees to finish the job. then we can live in a nice communist society. a workers paradise.
You know what - you're not crass just an @ss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey