Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 09:36 PM

289 posts, read 607,991 times

Advertisements

I thought folks on this thread might be interested in learning that khov.com is starting a new development in Monroe, NJ too, on Cranbury Station Road. The development is called The Orchards. A couple of model homes should be ready in the next month of so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 04:11 AM

3 posts, read 14,412 times
Hi ,
We are planning to buy gold model at Stratford.the builder has priced it at 599k.Has anybody booked gold model recently.just wanted yo know has the builder negotiated or give any upgrades.Is 599k overpriced for the house.feedback is high appreciated.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:28 AM

300 posts, read 913,547 times
anandit, not sure if you are aware, khov has opened up new community Orachards at Monroe with similar pricing. pl let me know if you need further information about community or town in general

Old 05-02-2013, 02:13 PM

But I have heard that they are all sold out for the1st phase.Please let me know if anyone has booked gold at Stratford recently.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:27 PM

3 posts, read 12,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananadit View Post
But I have heard that they are all sold out for the1st phase.Please let me know if anyone has booked gold at Stratford recently.
Hi, Last sunday the base price for gold was 609K, but we went back on Thurday(5/2/13) and the price has gone up by another 10K and they are asking now 619K for gold. So we went ahead and reserved one anyways, since we will have 5 days to think about it..

I am not sure whether these houses are worth 619K..? The builder is going crazy with the prices but I am sure they will be cutting down their prices soon, as they are very high now..

So, now I am not sure whether to go ahead with the 619K price or cancel it now wait for some more time :-(

Old 05-03-2013, 02:58 PM

551 posts, read 1,187,478 times
The homes will be worth what the buyer is willing to pay for it. Personally, I believe the builders have a open field day with these price fluctuations as there are no comparables.. still, on average I think the Gold has sold for 525k and I would not even pay at THAT price point.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:31 PM

5 posts, read 21,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananadit View Post
Hi ,
We are planning to buy gold model at Stratford.the builder has priced it at 599k.Has anybody booked gold model recently.just wanted yo know has the builder negotiated or give any upgrades.Is 599k overpriced for the house.feedback is high appreciated.
The prices have changed since you posted.
Its 625 K for Gold, 605 K for Montgomery, 600 K for Woods and 575 K for Guilford. As you may have noticed, the prices now, are based according to the total floor size of the model and not the number of bedrooms, as before. Hence Montgomery costs more than Woods today.
Prices of all the models increased when they opened up the 4B section of the community. As of Jan-Feb 2013, they were quoting 565 K for the Gold, 555 K for the Woods, 540 K for the Montgomery and 536 K for the Guilford. But at that time only four lots were available in the community and the new 4B section was not yet open to all. Apparently, for the new 4B section, there were more than 100 applicants. Now, commonsense says, everything is based on demand and supply. The current prices definitely look appalling, but the current realty market in the United States is improving as we can see in the newspapers and bank rates are at an all time low. Finally, it depends on the buyer how much he likes the community and really wants to be a part of it. No realtor can take a decision for any prospective buyer.
I may not be able to answer any of the questions in this forum, but I will keep writing what I know.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:33 PM

The latest prices at S@M:
Its 625 K for Gold, 605 K for Montgomery, 600 K for Woods and 575 K for Guilford. As you may have noticed, the prices now, are based according to the total floor size of the model and not the number of bedrooms, as before. Hence Montgomery costs more than Woods today.
Prices of all the models increased when they opened up the 4B section of the community. As of Jan-Feb 2013, they were quoting 565 K for the Gold, 555 K for the Woods, 540 K for the Montgomery and 536 K for the Guilford. But at that time only four lots were available in the community and the new 4B section was not yet open to all. Apparently, for the new 4B section, there were more than 100 applicants. Now, commonsense says, everything is based on demand and supply. The current prices definitely look appalling, but the current realty market in the United States is improving as we can see in the newspapers and bank rates are at an all time low. Finally, it depends on the buyer how much he likes the community and really wants to be a part of it. No realtor can take a decision for any prospective buyer.
I may not be able to answer any of the questions in this forum, but I will keep writing what I know.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:33 AM

New single-family homes in and around Stratford at Monroe (Range: 450K to 65OK)

1. The Orchards at Monroe by K. Hovnanian Homes: 4 Bedrooms, 2.5 Bath. Base price: 450 K onwards.
First phase lots are sold already sold out (21 lots, I guess). They are yet to open the next phase. No dates announced yet. Check out the two model homes in the community.
Disadvantages: The homes are close to each other.
2. Primrose Acres & Monarch Woods by Regal Homes: 4/5 Bedrooms etc.. etc. Base price: 575 K onwards.
Just a few remaining. Advantages: Bigger lots (0.5 acres).
3. Monroe Chase by Toll Brothers (Halsey Reed Road and Applegarth Road): Coming spring/summer 2013.
"Homeowners will enjoy the on-site resort-style clubhouse with numerous amenities including swimming pool and kiddie pool, fitness trail and state-of-the-art fitness center, tot lot, and tennis, basketball, and volleyball courts." -Website
Price and Details: Not available yet.
4. Windsor Cove by Pulte Homes (E. Windsor): 10 lots available. Big sized lots (0.5 acres). 4 Bedrooms etc.. etc.. Base price: 470 K onwards.

Check out respective websites for more details.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannamove2monroe View Post
Hi, Last sunday the base price for gold was 609K, but we went back on Thurday(5/2/13) and the price has gone up by another 10K and they are asking now 619K for gold. So we went ahead and reserved one anyways, since we will have 5 days to think about it..

I am not sure whether these houses are worth 619K..? The builder is going crazy with the prices but I am sure they will be cutting down their prices soon, as they are very high now..

So, now I am not sure whether to go ahead with the 619K price or cancel it now wait for some more time :-(
Hi did you cancel it or you going with it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey