Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you and your family get the flu vaccine?
Yes, we ALL do every year. 0 0%
Yes, I DO but my children do not. 0 0%
While my children do, I do not. 0 0%
No one in my family gets the vaccine. 8 100.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 09:40 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,932,960 times

Advertisements

Do most of you get the vaccination? Some years I have, some years I have not. I have not had the children get it...do you have your children get it? Just curious as I watch Anderson Cooper!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 03:03 PM

1,552 posts, read 4,626,627 times
I get a flu shot each year if it's convenient (sometimes they have people come into the office, other times I happen to be at a doctor's office in the fall and they offer it) but I don't think I've ever gone out of my way to go get the flu shot.

I'm wondering whether there will be a push this year to come up with a swine flu vaccine and whether they will rush through the normal approval process (which might not be a good thing!) ...

Old 06-17-2011, 08:35 PM

13,513 posts, read 19,235,612 times
I don't get the flu because I don't weaken my immune system with a toxic shot!!

Old 06-18-2011, 06:24 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,062,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Not sure if you're joking or not but some people whose brains are still in the 1800s do not immunize their kids. So now we have whooping cough making a comeback.

Once and for all - there's no scientific evidence that immunizations cause autism. That idiot doctor in England who first proposed that (based on tiny sample of like 10 kids) has been thoroughly discredited.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:36 AM

1,602 posts, read 4,152,409 times
I'm in healthcare and do direct patient care so yes, I get all types of vaccines. Including the flu shot.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:17 AM

19,067 posts, read 25,221,023 times
Because I am asthmatic, I get the flu shot every year, and when the swine flu shot was available, I also got that innoculation. While doctors have recognized the phenomenon for several years, most cannot explain why people who get the flu shot also seem to have fewer colds. I can tell you that I have not had a winter cold for the past two years, nor have I had any other infectious diseases, and I don't think that this is merely coincidental.

If this innoculation actually "weakened my immune system", I would experience MORE colds and other infections, rather than fewer.
So, I can tell you from personal experience that it DOES NOT weaken the immune system.

In any event, the flu shot is not "toxic", has proven to be beneficial to me, and I plan to continue to get this vaccine every year.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:48 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,231,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
You rely on those who do vaccinate themselves and their children (for much more than the flu), so you don't have to, while at the same time, you try to convince everyone who does vax, not to.

You're playing your little game to your own detriment. If you were smart, you'd shut your pie-hole, and let those who vax, vax. Only going keep your little un-vaxed commune that much safer.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:56 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,613,254 times
8 don't and none do so that's good, informed people who consult forums and alternative media know they're not necessary. I haven't got any kind of sickness not even a cold since 2004 and that was when I was in an Asian country,.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:03 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,231,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
8 don't and none do so that's good, informed people who consult forums and alternative media know they're not necessary. I haven't got any kind of sickness not even a cold since 2004 and that was when I was in an Asian country,.
Huh?

Alternative forums and alternative media.... just a bunch of uniformed morons spouting off while trying to justify their inane ideas...while always tending to sell some "alternative" method to "protect".

I've been on those forums and know the nut jobs who take the bait hook, line and sinker....a squirt of breast milk in the ear of a child who has an ear infection clears it up, it takes two weeks! Um, most ear infections, if not treated, will clear up on their own, in two weeks....it's up to the uninformed parent squirting breast milk into their kids ear to let the child live with the pain or not...and then deal with the child who is partially deaf in the ear. The nut jobs who confuse antibodies in breast milk with antibiotics - only one example of "alternative". I've got a cache.

Are you willing to take that alternative and non -proven, uniformed information, and spend some time living in a country where vax-preventable diseases still run rampant? Without being vaxed against what's infecting and killing those who live in said country and are not vaxed against?

Do you really thing that the "help" sent/volunteered over to these 3rd world countries aren't vaxed against what they get sent to these countries to vax the indigenous population against?

You are welcome that I vax my children, and I'm sure everyone else who vax's their kids feels the same. You're welcome. Now take some time to understand where you'd be, exactly, if the majority of the folks who live in your state, let alone country, didn't vax their kids. I'm sure those "alternative" sites have those stats readily available.

Last edited by Informed Info; 06-19-2011 at 10:41 PM..

Old 06-20-2011, 10:00 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,582,793 times
I get the flu vax every year at work. My wife gets hers in town at a county sponsored event or from her doctor. All three kids get the shot each year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey