Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 07:37 PM

180 posts, read 699,283 times

Advertisements

Besides craigslist and the Star Ledger online, where else can I find apt listings? It seems there has to somewhere else. I am not looking for an apt complex but a studio or efficiency rented by an owner because I am looking to only spend about $500 and only need it short term. Looking just about anywhere in central or northern jersey. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 12:01 AM

8 posts, read 49,431 times
Try realtor.com and select "rent" under the search box. There seem to be a lot of private listings, at least in my area (South Jersey).

Old 05-05-2009, 11:20 AM

1,014 posts, read 2,879,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy205 View Post
Besides craigslist and the Star Ledger online, where else can I find apt listings? It seems there has to somewhere else. I am not looking for an apt complex but a studio or efficiency rented by an owner because I am looking to only spend about $500 and only need it short term. Looking just about anywhere in central or northern jersey. Thanks!
That's virtually impossible because of the price. To get that, you are going to have to pound the pavement in one of NJ's slums. No one who can advertise on the internet has such a cheap apartment, especially for only a short-term.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:54 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,595,764 times
nj.com classifieds isn't bad, I think u click rentals, then a tab for specific types of rentals where u select the region, price and bedroom criterias. for 500 i'd probably just buy the starledger newspaper, preferably a weekend one

Old 05-05-2009, 01:03 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,493,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy205 View Post
Check the free rental guides in your local grocery store.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:06 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,080,341 times
I am going to have to agree. I do not ever recall seeing a rental priced at $500 a month ANYWHERE in NJ. The only chance you might have is renting a room and even then you are cutting it close. When you throw the short term component into play, you are even making it harder on yourself. Good luck but keep in mind this is going to be hard to find, if it even exists.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:34 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,595,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeViper01 View Post
I am going to have to agree. I do not ever recall seeing a rental priced at $500 a month ANYWHERE in NJ. The only chance you might have is renting a room and even then you are cutting it close. When you throw the short term component into play, you are even making it harder on yourself. Good luck but keep in mind this is going to be hard to find, if it even exists.
near downtown Trenton I rented 1 bedroom in a lady's big empty house for 400/month with only 400 security in 2007, but I doubt this can be found in suburban towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey