Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 01:45 PM

3 posts, read 5,723 times

Advertisements

i have been looking to buy a home, and i always hear that beachwood is good, and not to go to south toms river. but don't they go to the same schools for middle and high school? i have 2 little ones, and
have to consider these things, now, lol. are the south toms river schools ok? i have been avoiding looking at houses in beachwood because they go to the STR schools, but how are the schools really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 05:34 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,884,693 times
If you look at the individual school report cards on the state website both Beachwood Elementary and South Toms River Elementary scored better then the state average on the NJ ASK Standardized tests. However, as I was looking at them there are some big discrepancies from grade to grade and year to year at both schools. I couldn't tell you why. Out of curiosity I compared it to East Dover Elementary School in Toms River. East Dover also scored better than the state average but with much greater consistency.

I never hear anyone recommend South Toms River as a place to relocate. If possible, you may want to try Toms River. Sorry I can't give you more of a comparison.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:34 PM

665 posts, read 1,919,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelb22 View Post
i have been looking to buy a home, and i always hear that beachwood is good, and not to go to south toms river. but don't they go to the same schools for middle and high school? i have 2 little ones, and
have to consider these things, now, lol. are the south toms river schools ok? i have been avoiding looking at houses in beachwood because they go to the STR schools, but how are the schools really?
I had lived in Beachwood for 7 yrs. I don't know how pld your sons are, but I am sure if they are young they would go to Beachwood elementary school,I know there is a new school in Beachwood , I think it's a middle school.My child went to to Toms River South and I found it ok.Beachwood to me overall is a nicer town, South Toms river in some areas isn't so nice.I have to say I DON'T know if certain areas of Beachwood would go to S. Toms River elementary, they may. I am sorry I don't know that. I have a grandaughter whose young and I wouldn't hesitate coming back to Beachwood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey